I found out two days ago that I had chlamydia but I haven't been with anyone in over a year besides this new guy and we haven't done nothing but kiss. I don't know how I got t but how do u know if the meds are working? I never had symptoms. My now ex thinks I'm nasty when I didn't know about it. Could they mess that up for a uti cause I grew up having uti every day of the week. Confused on how this could happen and why he would not want anything to do with me. I got tested over a year ago and had nothing but now I do. Could he have given it to me from kissing me? Please help I just want my life back.

Health Guru
How could I get chlamydia? You get it by having sex (vaginal, anal or oral, or by sharing sex toys) with someone who already has chlamydia This may have been recently, or many months ago You can also pass the infection to the eyes if it is on the hands A mother can pass it to her baby at birth You can't catch chlamydia from kissing, hugging, sharing baths, towels, cups, plates or cutlery, or from toilet seats

But that's the thing I haven't had any relations in over a year and that person I was with didn't have it.

I have never even used sex toys. It dot make sence at all. I don't feel different nothing. Can it just be a uti but were I have bad kidneys it shows as something else? I dont have bf or sex partners cause I'm a full time mom and don't have time for any of it.

Health Guru
I don't know how you could of caught it or anything I was just giving you some information that I have researched of several different sites that was all saying similar, what made you in for the screening anyway, was you having symptoms of any kind?

No I wasn't and still ant. I had a regular doc appointment and the doc just wanted to do it. They only made me take two pills and said I should be fine in 7 days. I have bad kidneys and always got uti ur to neglect from my mom growing up. Is there any way that it's not chlamydia and it was false? It's kinda scaring me cause I read it only lives for 2 months but I haven't done anything in over a year

Health Guru
One thing I did read was that chlamydia can in undetected for many months and you should have sexual screening for it about every 6 months. The only thing that I can think is that if they sent the swabs or what ever away to be tested is that some how they got mixed up with someone else's and you got there results back.

That is true. I'll never know though. I took the meds and will get more in a week if I think need to be. Thank u. It's just weird and scary. I don't sleep around or nothing but who knows what guys can have an not know it. I found out if they r my results how I got it.

Health Guru
did you say to your doctor that you haven't been sexually active for a while and did your ex you last had sex with have a test to see if he had it?

Ya I told them and they say it's rare but could have got it from kissing cause I have a low emune system. My ex that I last had sexual encounters with doesn't have it he got tested around the time I did. But the guy I was dating when I found out is mad and saying if he has it were done. The docs told me that it's not that big of a deal it's normal so I'm all broken up

Health Guru
hi, well that's very strange that your doctors told you that it can be transmitted by kissing because I have read on about 15 different medical and sexual health sites and ordinary medical forums that it can't be passed on though kissing. It sounds like your doctor could be trying to cover his own back for a mistake he could of made but as you say that's something your never find out. If your current partner doesn't have it then it does seem a bit suspicious, you have had no sexual contact at all with this guy I take it not even any genital touching or anything?

Nope all we hav done is kiss. If my curent one has it were going to be over even if my results are false cause he already told me that. None of this makes sence but I have read u can get it from dirty hands and touching ur eyes and threw kissing. I seen it on here so I have no idea. Here and the doc said it. My system isn't strong at all so I wouldn't be saprised. Something just isn't right at all