I have a boyfriend who has just found out he has Chlamydia. We had sex and he gave me oral sex, also he may have had semen on his fingers when he touched my clitoris. Is there a way Chlamydia can be passed on from him to me like in this way? how long does it take for Chlamydia to show up on a test, because my doctor gave me a swab test this morning and she said I should get screened again next week. I didn’t know that men can have Chlamydia.

I think that you should do the test for Chlamydia again. Of course men can have Chlamydia too. I was treated for Chlamydia with a very aggressive shot of penicillin but have not yet finished taken the pills they prescribed to. I think you should stick to condoms. If you are infected he will need therapy too. You should be treated with Erythromycin or Amoxicillin for Chlamydia, well both of you should be treated when they are infected by Chlamydia. This disease has number of stages and it can cause other serious conditions if spreads around the body.