After Christmas I got the Flu.
Ever since getting over it, I have had the feeling of having to "snort" to free an obstruction that seems to be where the throat and nose meet.
I am sometimes (once/twice) a day able to free something and spit it up.
It appears to be a blob of very thick mucus, kind of greyish/white in colour, but with a harder piece attached almost like a chunk of skin.
I see a very light reddish tinge to this chunk also.
I am not coughing, have no nasal discharge, my nose is dry , I am unable to blow anything out of it.
I feel fine except for this obstruction.
It does not feel like it is in my throat though, just where the nose and throat meet.
Any ideas

I have the same thing going on in my nose/throat.no one is posting an answer,looks like we have to live with this symptom ,I have to snort up a chunk at least once a week,and it is gross,it takes  five or six tries to hack it up ( very annoying ) ,but after the chunk is out it feels so good to breath  through the nose again,it feels like there is so much more room to breath with out that chunk there ,I think I am getting a netti pot to see if that clears it up caus I am tired of clearing my throat all the time trying to get rid of that chunk of snot .

I'm going through the same thing right now. Next time I hack this thing out, I'm taking it to my doc.

Ha ha ,you sound just like me ,I also am getting a netti pot ,to try ,my sisteruses one and she loves it ,she says it keeps her nose and throat dry and clear ...its worth a try .I also learned that milk causes that ,so have been cutting down on milk products and it is better.We may have an allergy to dairy ...good luck ,post what the doc says about your snot .

Jesus, there's alot more of us than I thought, and no one has any f*****g solutions :/