I need some serious help most people have mucus drainage and clogged nasal cavity i have a unusual problem that has been affecting me for about 6 years I have a mucus buildup and it becomes a semi-solid state and i have to hack it up causing a bad gag reflex it comes out after about 5 min of hacking but whenever it does it is always thick and gross another thing this happens about 5-10 times a day every day and it drives me crazy i need help what do i do!? 

First you need to see a doctor, if you haven't already, It sounds like some kind of post nasal drip, when mucus constantly drips down your throat from your nose, which you can get nasal sprays for from your doctor, but if its been going on for that long maybe you nose and throat area are shaped in a strange way that could cause such problems which would also need to be seen and fixed by a doctor of some kind

Did you manage to sort this out? I have had the same problem for about two years.

I am having a similar problem. Mucus build up in the back of throat causing me to gag and even when it does drain it's so thick it gags me. The doctor prescribed a couple of medicines for me but I don't think they're helping much. One doctor told me to take mucinex. I began taking 600mg twice a day and it helped some. Since it was still very bothersome I thought I would increase the dosage. I found a no name brand of guaifensin, the same medicine in mucinex, and began taking 400mg every 4 hours. It helped me quite a bit. I don't know how long a person can take this dosage of guaifensin. I am going to go to the doctor and talk to him about it.