For about 6 months now I have constantly had mucus in my throat that never goes away no matter how many times i try and clear it.

Once i clear it i can feel it slowly building back up again and I am always spitting and clearing my throat

Recently my mouth has been getting really dry and my breath is smelling bad

I've started drinking lots of fluid and chewing gum but this doesn't help

Also worth noting is that for a couple of weeks a few months ago i would have quite bad sneezing bouts for no apparent reason and my nose would become very runny

I'm 19, smoke about 7 cigarettes a day for the last 4 years how can i cure this?

I've got to say alot of the time mucus is not easy for doctors and ussually skip on the details there,,, all of them ENT, Resp Speci and your GP's.. You mention Mucus and they think, yeah so what ?
I've had a simular problem to you and in 7 months also got no where.
What helped me.
Alternative Medicine: AFter seeing too many doctors, I just decided to go with the most unthinkable alternative medicine. You see I had a CT scan and it all showed up clear ?? So the Doctors sent me on my merry way.
ANyway, I suggest Reiki (do about 10 sessions,,,) and Body Talk (Which is really weird), this is coming from what was a sceptic... They worked for me. Seems that I may have an allergy! THough understand your situation, as its in the airways, you can't get it off your mind...

Cheers
Andrew

Hi, I have had something apparently similar for a very long time. I have noticed that when I take antibiotics (for other problems) the problem receded, only to return. For a long time, I did nothing about it and just accepted that I could barely be heard in noisy places!

However, I would advise you to keep trying different foods to see if anything will work. Just keep trying.

I have found that the following help:

1) Raw onion: Quite by chance, I have found that a small piece of raw onion has the miraculous effect of clearing my throat. I don't know if it will do the same for you but it's worth a try. I now take small pieces of onion regularly.

2) Manukah honey with boiled water: This worked for me for a while, completely clearing my throat for a day or two but I had to keep taking it. However, recently, it has not worked.

3) Garlic: I have not tried this extensively but it does seem to improve things.

For about 4 months now I have constantly had mucus in my throat that never goes away no matter how many times i try and clear it.

I also have same problem for past 4 months.
I did CT scan.It is normal.Bronchoscopy also normal.No TB.No Pneumonia.But Bronchoscopy was done in the initial stage of these symptoms.

But mucus generation is not stopping.it slowly builds up during daytime..

6 months back i had peptic ulcer.
4 Months back my lungs field is filled with some fluid and i was struggling to speak and breathing is somewhat shortness of breath.

Anybody got solution for this.

You should see a allergist and try allegra D. I've been suffering with that for years thank to my allergist who truly cares she help me. If allegra D works for you see your allagist. Good luck.

try any OTC Sinus Med and if that don't work see your doctor for more information

you could have a sinus infection or just and infection

you cant even spell. why would anyone listen to your advice?

once in a while some... "english teacher" show up and complaint about writing and spelling ....why don't you go to literature or language board and challenge them....this one is about mucus and phelgm

Organic apple cider vinegar tespoon/to a shot glass of water,organic baking soda brush with this twice a day or add to your drinking water,lemon/water mix,hot tea/honey/lemon,salt/water rinse,hydrogen peroxide rinse, organic coconut oil to soothe your sore mouth,mouthwash gargle, don't smoke,keep sugar and dairy to a minimum.....these things will help but remember this is not a cure it manages the problem

Doctor's will give you upper respitory drugs,...they will help some but will not rid the problem,..fact is once it has been with you a while it is in your bowel's and will keep returning,...if you are able to get keflex a lower extremity antibiotic it will leave for good. At least until you run into someone else who has it real bad and coughs all over you,.....like your docotr on your return visit to ask you how you are doing. It has been with me time and time again since 1982,..my rule is six foot rule from everyone as well as Apple cider every morning as well as keeping  mouth clean and lubricated with sugarless candies or gulps of water. I'm no professional but apparently either are the doctor's regarding this issue. It keeps them in business not curing the problem.

because people who can't spell are smarter than you think !

Hi, I have the same thing. Before this, I thought I was getting sick, but after a while, it was more like allergies than sickness. I have hypothyroidism so that might be part of it, but I also thank it could be because of bacteria in the throat. I've been having green mucus come up usually after I try to quench my thirst by chugging water and I would that my mouth is so dry it gets itchy and inflamed and while muscinex didn't help much, surprisingly NyQuil helped, though I don't think I'm sick, I think it helps coat the throat, reduce inflammation, and kill some of the bacteria.

In terms of dehydration, I think your smoking habit can add to that also, maybe dial it down to a cigarette for each meal.

your salivary glands could also be clogged, try eating soar things or sucking on cough drops or hard candy to produce saliva.

This is just from my experience, you should consult a doctor, though when I did they didn't really help much...