I had suffered with strep throat a minimum of 7 times a year, for many, agonizing years. I could not understand why I had bad breath after I took such great care of my teeth, flossed, used a tongue scraper, gargled with mouthwash and salt water, etc. Every once in a while, I would get a sore throat and see a pouch sticking out in the back of my throat. I would gently push on the side of it with the end of my toothbrush and suddenly a white blob of the most foul, smelly stuff would pop out (similar to puss coming out of a pimple but it was not liquid...it was hard but would mush if you squished it). I had no idea what it was but I would gargle with salt water and mouthwash after the pouches were emptied and the pain and breath would be gone instantly. I still suffered Strep thoat and went to one specialist after another and finally, I got an ear, nose and throat guy to agree to remove my tonsils (in my mid-30's). He called me from his house on the weekend, right after my surgery, to ask if I was okay. He said my throat was riddled with "crypts" (pockets of ransid food, old-sick mucus, etc.) and although he had not originally agreed to this surgery at my age (due to the risks, some of which I did experience), he had never seen such a breeding ground for bacteria in all the years of his practice. He said it was much worse than he thought, once he got in there surgically. I am in my late 40's now and have never had Strep or these crepts since the surgery. I hightly recommend removing the culprit (folds and pockets of skin in the back of your throat) with coterization as I had. Anyone that has to breathe near you will thank you and you will be healthier for it too!

Hi. Am suffering from this problem for years nw. I have seen many specialists but each time i get medecines and nasal drops and the problem persists. I really need help!!! Its really annoying at work n in socitey. Image that you cannot even get a promotion on account of bad breath and you surrounding say that people around you cannot work!!! These people do not even know how muc you are suffering inside.

It's not that you have not tried to find a solution but when you don't get the right advice from doctors what do you do?

Doctor in the island are really not able to help...

I have these crypts but the past two times I've had them I have happened to go to my chiropractor and within hours they are gone!

I’ve devised my own method of ridding myself of this problem. It has to be done daily though. Find a blunt edged pair of tweezers or something blunt and long that you can press on and dig in your tonsils to release stones. Once you find where yours form you can quickly release them. Afterwards gargle with Hydrogen Peroxide (the kind they sell for Oral use at grocery stores) and use a tongue scraper. Once a week, use a nasal rinse (like Neil-Med Sinus rinse kit and Alkalol Nasal wash u can buy on Amazon) I mix the two with very warm water. You can also dab natural peppermint oil on tongue and dilute it and dab inside nose after blowing nose. Steer clear of milk products, sugar, wheat. They cause inflammation. As a last resort I found a daily low dose of Amoxicillin stopped the formation of stones.