I am 39 years old and have a two year old son. I have been trying to conceive for a year. I am on my second month of clomid. The first time, I was put on 50mg days 3 to 9. Clomid affected my cycles making them from 29 days to 35. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Now I am on 100mg and am on day 35 but no period, I took a pregancy test this morning and it was negative. I have period like symptoms but no sight of it. I am extremely frustrated and depressed. Has anyone had an initial negative pregancy test but later positive....is this possible?

Maratha did you ever get pregant I would love to talk to you I to am 3-9 at 150mg and keep getting negative results

Hello there,

It is quite possible to get negative results and afterwards be pregnant. My sister in law was trying for some time and in the beginning tests were negative. Later on she has learned that she need to do test 14 days after ovulation because this ones are giving results which are 90 % accurate. Also if you are suspecting that you are pregnant pay a visit to your doctor. The best test is blood test and you will be sure after he performs this one.

Also it is possible that some medications cause a negative or false homemade pregnancy test and since you are drinking Clomid which is hormonal medication it is quite possible that you are pregnant.