I am 45 years old. The doctor said I am at the end of my perimenopause and it would take a miracle to get pregant. I desperately want a second child. My last period was 6 days late, very heavy and lasted a day in a half. Before my period came, I squeezed my breast and a little white liquid came from my nipples. I did not have any cramps. What's happening to me and should I just give up hope of becoming pregnant. I am get more depressed with every month.

i am going through same thing; please advise as to what are you doing!

Ladies, I'm 48, I have a three year old. It can happen! I had all those weird pregnancy symptoms and lots of neg. hptests 4 years ago. Blood test showed my FSH was too high to conceive (perimenopausal). Finally I gave up on getting pg. For a couple of months I quit keeping track of all of it and prayed asking God to please halp me let go of the desire to get pg and get on with my life. I thought I had the flu (seriously) and realized I was about a week late, VIOLA, I was pg. Again, I'm hoping for another pregnancy and having all the weird syptoms, tender breasts, tired, period late, etc. but again neg. tests. Gotta get your mind off of it, Put it in God's hands!

I am asking the same questions: Im 34 yrs.old and I had a tubaligation 12 years ago. I have always wanted a baby ever since but reality is I can't. this folowwing year 2008 I noticed changes. I want sex a lot rom my mate, I get very excited when I have an orgasm, my nipples ache some and now I have fluid in my nipples when I squeeze them. my vaginal area is ok and not many mood swings. could this be im pregnant or menopause?

I am desperately trying t concieve.Month after month going through what doctors call chemical pregnancies only to wind up with a cycle is so very depressing.I don't have any children and desperately what one. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest wrote:

sharon bakes wrote:

Hi, :)

I just read your report and it is quite interesting for me, because me too I woud like to have a child. I am 46 and my FSH an LH is high and my AMH is low. The doctors said, it woud be a miracle if I got pregnant with this situation. My cycle is not regularly anymore. I do not know what to do.
Did you take any medicine to support a pregnancy?
What you wrote about keeping it out the mind, I can not manage it now, because I have that feeling, if I do not now everything, it might be too late in few month. I am down on my knees.
By the way the doc recommended me to take DHEA, have you any experience with it? Does it really support the fertility?
May I ask you how high was your FSH, LH and AMH?

I would be glad for your anwer.

Hi, :)

I would be glad for your anwer.

:( dear do not give up hope, i know how you feel and it takes over your life and nobody understands your saddness. please think of adoptions . i am a teacher of young children of 45 and can not have a baby,. some days i am so sad i want to die and i feel a shame of not getting pregant. but when i see my little pupils with 3 0r five years of aged ,the boon with same of them is so strong , i now know that i can love an adoptive child like my own . janet

Hi, My had my little boy at 40 (honeymoon baby) and just recently found myself pregnant at 45. I too was told that it would never happen naturally but it did. I unfortunately miscarried at 8 weeks but it does happen, you can get pregnant.

I am 58 and still getting my period %-) I had a d & c this winter to investigate a thickening of my uterine lining....all tested negative thank g-d. Now, my dr. claims that I no longer need to use contraceptives but I am petrified that I might get pregnant since my periods are now quite normal and regular. Any insights?

I feel tremendously depressed because i don't have a child. I'm going to be 44 soon. Can miracles happen? I'm lost. Shall I adopt? Shall I do DE? I'm completely depressed. Please help! :'( :'( :'(

I am 45 and just found out that I am pregnant. I was told I have a 1 percent chance of getting pregnant.........guess what I did! Don't give up, ever!

I am new to the site..I am 47 and would love to have another baby..i will keep in mind NOT to give up hope....

What worked for me was this: Use ovulation kits, have sex before, during, and after the time of ovulation. One to two days after you think you have ovulated, start taking prescription Prometrium. Many pregnancies are lost in older women not because they are infertile or not ovulating, but because they no longer produce enough progesterone to carry a baby through the first trimester and to allow the placenta to be firmly established. I had 3 miscarriages before I had my daughter at age 41. After the 3d miscarriage, my OB said I had a low hormone count and she advised me to start prometrium as soon as I had a positive pregnancy test. We had our daughter in 2008. I am now pregnant again at age 42, but we had 2-3 cycles of chemical pregnancies before I realized I needed to change my tactic. This time instead of waiting for a positive pregnancy test (often too late), I started taking progesterone almost two weeks earlier (right after my estimated day of ovulation). I am now 13 weeks pregnant. Please consult with your OBs about the possibility of using Progesterone (Prometrium 200 mg morning and evening) during the whole first trimester.

Ladies I'm 45 next september. I did n't have a period for seven months. Nothing. I had tests done and they reveiled I was menapausal. The Doctor told me my ovaries have checked it in. Then out of the blue I began to have normal regular periods agains. Id finished my period and about 3-5 days after it I had sex. Now I should be due for another oeriod but nothing. I don't know if I'm back to the menapause thing or if theres a chance I could be pregnant. I hope I'm not. My son is 16 and has only next year left until he finishes school. I couldn't do it all again. I'm a bit cheezed off as the Doctor told me I would be unable to get pregnant.