Post your best ones here. Maybe I'm overlooking something that can help. For now, I'm still running in the heat of the day (today = Feels Like
91 F).

Keeping that up for almost an hour is tough. :|

91 - are you having a cold front? :D

Water, water, water, more water, find sprinklers to run through (my favorite) light colored clothing, run slower, RUN EARLIER, move to Texas, it's cool here, really.

I'm sure you've thought of those. I've just had to go back to running before sunrise.

take in extra salt and potassium.

Wear a hat. The sun can raise skin temp up to 30 degrees 8O

I have no tips, but for me as awful as it has been out there, I'd still
rather be out there than on a treadmill.

I don't mind the treadmill because we've got pretty nice ones at the gym and they all have personal entertainment stations at them. I just can't fit 30-40 MPW on the treadmill into my schedule.

It's just that right now I hate running in the mornings more than I hate running in the heat. That all may change pretty soon though.

Running in the am is probably the single best way to beat the heat. During the summer, that's mostly how I handle it and then in the winter to find the heat, is when I run on the lunch hour. I'm by no means a morning person, but sometimes it's just a matter of biting the bullet. Personally, I get my gear ready the night before and am out the door minutes after the alarm so I can't talk myself out of it. Going out too fast is never a problem on an early run.
I know with your bike commute it could get ugly, but splitting up your runs to do morning "wake-em-up" 5-milers in addition to the commute and then getting the treadmill miles in later on to fill out your mpw might be an option.

12 midnight

lots of water breaks in loops.
Know your limits.

I know I am good for about 30 minutes in the kind of weather.

fuel belt, am running like john said, and, sometimes, if no one is looking, run through peoples' sprinklers! It feels great!

Shelly

good question PH! ive been struggling with the heat too. ive mostly been running after 6 ish in the evening and its not so bad... as long as i do it before i get home and eat dinner. i think i may have to start doing the early rise thing if i want to get my miles in... the only prob with that is that i usually have to be at school by 9am and it takes me an hour to get ready and then at least 45 min to get to school. so at this rate, ill be getting up around 5ish to run. well its not really a problem, but i really dont want to have to roll my butt out the door at 5am...

the heat is killing me this year and, honestly, it hasn't been that hot. i am just drained out there.

yesterday i attempted 3.5 miles at 4:00 in the sun on hills. i ended up squeezing my water bottle on my quads and forearms, especially running downhill and into the breeeeeeze.

i just don't want to play the age card yet. as in, i'm too old for this stuff. :?

Tim's tips for beating the heat:
1) drink and hydrate lots before and after the run
2) Sports drinks like powerade and gatorade are great for replenishing lost salts and carbs. Eat fruits that are high in water content such as watermelons-yummmy
3) run a route where there are sprinklers or any other sources of water. Helps alot especially by running near the sprinklers-gives you a nice cool shower.
4) run earlier or run later- it's much cooler in the morning and evening (although I usually run in the afternoon when it's hotter)
5) OR run in the heat; in other words, ACCLIMATE! It takes a couple of weeks of easy running to get acclimated to the heat and believe me, if precautions are taken, running in hot weather can improve your fitness level by quite a bit. You also burn more fat in hot weather, therefore lose more pounds and get trimmer!
6) limit the amount of clothing you wear (that is publicly permissible, duh!) to allow maximum dissipation of heat from the skin. Or if you are concerned about sunburn or skin cancer, put on sunblock or wear coolmax/drifit.
7) Run in the shade more often (if you can) rather than directly under the sun.

MOVE! Tim your #5 took the words right out of my mouth. Just keep running in the heat and eventually you'll acclimate. Although, I'm not real sure about that couple of weeks (well he does live in Canada) part. Maybe a little longer than that. And of course, every other suggestion that everyone else has given.

91? Must be nice

I am probably recapping alot of advice, but:

Drink lots of water, and make sure you are getting some sodium every day. Do not be afraid of the salt shaker.

You trade heat for humidity at 5 am. Accept the slowness either way.

Treadmill really sucks, but in the gym the weather is always perfect and while so boring it can be a nice break.