Today I forgot my water bottle while I ran.

What I noticed.

1) My heart rate was higher
2) I felt much more thirsty
3) I found I really wanted to drink
4) I sweated much more today

very interesting.

You know we get double miles for the first run someone claims to have forgotten their water bottle. Make sure you note that in the log. :D

:shrug: 23yrs of this running game and I've never done the water thing on runs less than 10M. Lots to do with what you're accustomed to I'm thinkin'.

I agree. 8 miles or more and I will drop off a bottle halfway, but other than that I've never needed one either.

I always do water. Even on the 'mill I bring one. I am so used to drinking water I guess. It is weird. I never did really until the last few years when I felt like it helped me more during my runs.

I managed to suck down an entire quart on today's 50 minute run. Of course it was ~90° F and I probably sweated off more than that.

I was going to say for me it depends on weather/time of year as to how much water I'll need. Now? I would need a lot for not much distance. But when it gets cooler its not as necessary.

I usually hydrate before and after the run. I don't really like bringing water bottles on my run. Just too cumbersome and jiggly especially with the water bottle strap.