My husband and I are desperate. We cannot conceive a baby for over two years now. And we are not that young either. He is 41, I am 34 years old and we are slowly running out of options. There is something wrong with me, but exactly what, no one knows. So we took adoption as a serious choice and even here there is not much hope. I would like to ask you – Adopting from birth-mom cocaine user? Is it safe?

Well, I could say that all children need parents and home and might even finish with this sentence. Still, there are many studies that deal with children who were exposed in uterus to all sorts of drugs, including cocaine. On birth these children have less weight and height then non exposed babies. Still, these differences in growth parameters tend to get smaller in time. Of course, this does depend on the child's upbringing.