My child has been just diagnosed with coelic disease. We got a list of foods he is not about to eat at all and this is all so frustrating. I understand that these foods inflame his small intestines and I was wondering when the inflammation subsides if he will be able to eat these foods or if this is forever.

Unfortunately, this is for good. Your son is not supposed to eat all of these foods because they contain gluten, which is a mixture of 2 proteins. When gluten reaches small intestines, it makes his immune system attack the villi’s inside the intestines, so that they become unable to absorb all the nutrients from food, which in return leads to vitamin and mineral deficiencies, anemia and bones thinning. The disease gets better or completely disappears when these foods are no longer introduced inside the body but once introduced again, it unfortunately reoccurs.