I understand the importance of hydration during the intense workout or race. That is why I am carrying the bottles of water with me all the time. I am not sure what kind of water should I take; hot or cold? Some people say one thing while the others claim just the opposite. What would you take with you; cold or hot water in your bottle?

There is no point in carrying hot water with you on hot summer days. That is pretty obvious. On the other hand, very cold water is not recommendable either. Lukewarm water is what I am carrying with me all the time. Although drinking cold water while you are hot and sweating heavily feels refreshing at that very moment it is not good for your heart and your whole system to ingest such a cold liquid. Remember your body needs water and water is going to get. It is just a matter of temporary feeling of satisfaction when it comes to cold water. However your digestive system and everything else will absorb lukewarm water faster than cold water. Thus you will supply your cells and the rest of the body with the necessary H2O sooner than you would if you used cold water.

I agree with what you are saying I always bring with me lukewarm water rather than hot or cold.

Lukewarm water is obviously the best solution, especially when you are exercising.

Lukewarm, not too much though 8)