Hi, this is my first child and i m in my third month of pregnancy.I drank Chilled ice cold water today at dinner.I didnt realise then.Now i m worried if this may harm the baby.I m scared.Plz advice.Thankx.

You are perfectly fine. Cold water will not affect your baby in any way, the baby won’t even feel a thing. Drinking water is good and healthy and you should pay attention to staying hydrated. Drinking water is much better than drinking any other drinks, especially sodas and caffeinated drinks. Coffee could raise your blood pressure which is not a good thing in pregnancy when your cardiovascular system is already under a lot of pressure.

Hi jabs, 

First of all, I have to agree with Jenny – there are no particular reasons why drinking cold water would be any more dangerous when you are pregnant than when you are not, especially if it was just a relatively small amount one time, that you even didn’t register. But I definitely understand why you are scared.

Since this is your first pregnancy, you naturally worry much more since you don’t know if something might or might not harm the baby. But, basically, just keep yourself safe and stay away from things you definitely know are harmful. Yes, you should pay extra attention, but over stressing and worrying about everything is not a good thing either. Wish you all the best!

is it true that going out at night without anything that covers my head is bad and can cause the risk of having been cesarian?people just say .. i'm kath 7months pregnant ..