About a week ago I started having black stools. With the black stools there was also bright red blood through-out the stool that didn't seem to be from wiping. I had them for three days, didn't go one day, had one the next day, and then had orange stool yesterday and today. Regardless of the colour of the stool I always have orange mucous with them. It's somewhat of a substantial amount.

For the past two or so weeks I've been experiencing an excruciating pain in the small of my back which radiates outwards to be about several palm sizes. It also radiates to my front, causing the pain to be an inch or two below my belly button and extend about four inches down, radiating outwards. The pain is not there all or even most of the time. It's there at most once or twice a day and sometimes isn't there for days.

I've had the pain before and hadn't noticed it was linked to my passing stool before. I have noticed that the pain comes either right before or a couple hours before I have to go. Or it's there and I know I have to go but I can't for some reason.

I have been trying to drink a lot of water but aside from that nothing has changed aside from my stress level. Been very, very stressed lately. I also have acid reflux and have had it for about 12 years now. It's gotten worse with having more stress and my stomach, gut, and esophagus are always on fire. I take medication for it though the medication doesn't work anymore. My doctor is trying to figure it out and has sent me for an upper G.I. and blood work.

Also: I'm a 21 year old female. I take Concerta and Zopiclone daily and have been since late August.

hope you figured this out- preferably through colonoscopy. Probably Crohn's disease or something like it. I have that, and have reduced symptoms through not eating FODMAP foods.