I'm a 24 year-old female. I noticed that when I'm passing gas, some orange liquid comes out from my anus. I also noticed that there were some orange oil-like droplets in stool. I haven't been eating fish for a while and my diet is usually not oily. I do not feel any pain or cramping, but I'm really worried.

I'm a 35 year old female and I'm experiencing the same thing (orange droplets in my stool) but I don't eat any seafood. I'm little concerned, so I may go in to see my physician. Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Yes, i have been experiencing this orange oil too, i have no idea what it is or why. does anyone have any information about it?

I have had the same symptoms for the past 3 days (the passing of gas accompanied by oil and orange oil droplets in stool). I HAVE eaten fish quite a lot recently, and I hope that's the only reason why.

Other websites say it could be because of a malabsorption of fat, a liver/gallbladder/bile release problem, or a virus. I'm not sure because I feel perfectly healthy.

i'm 33 year old female and i have been experiencing the same symptoms for the past 2 days. i have eaten fish. i feel perfectly healthy. the only recent change in my diet is drinking slimfast for lunch and i have lost 10 pounds (on purpose) during the past 2 months. please respond if you have any info on this.

That is a hallmark of malabsorption. I've read that some diet pills may be the source of unexplained malabsorption problems. Typically they are due to (as previously stated) a problem with liver/gall bladder (baking bile which is needed to take up fats from the diet) or even a problem with the microvilli in the intestine. Other players: the various enzymes from the pancrease that are used to break down fat. The liver/gb/enzyme should be more of a chronic problem versus sporadic.

I am a 26 year old female. I noticed the same thing since this morning, I am really freaked out.

I have been a Vegan (no meat or fish) for 10 years.

I just started Nexium for 4 ulcers I have, I was on a strong antibiotic for about 17 days about 20 days ago, for a minor surgery I had but got what I thought was a cold and had to start amoxicillin (because I had a high fever) but found out I have a bad ear infection in both my ears. So I was but on Ciprodex yesterday.

I have read on other sites about it having something to do with obesity, I am 5’11”, 112 lbs.

Ya, I am really freaked out and my doc didn’t have a chance to call me back today. I hope she calls tomorrow. If I find anything out ill re this post.

to the person who had taken the antibiotics---antibiotics disturb the baterial balance in your instetines--read good bacteria--while they are killing off the mites that gave you the ear infection. the good bacteria in your gut are responsible for helping along digestion and absorbtion of nutrients. It could be the case that having been on antibiotics for a while, some of your good bacteria have died and, thus, you are malabsorbing nutrients, which is causing the orange droplets to appear. If I were you, I would try taking a heavy duty probiotic or at least eating a lot of yogurt.

ANYONE OUT THERE WHO IS EXPERIENCING OILY ORANGE STOOL, IT MAY BE FROM EATING TOO MUCH OLESTRA. BEING THAT THE FAT FREE PRINGLES ARE 1 POINT ON MY WEIGHT WATCHERS PLAN, I EAT ABOUT 4 OR MORE SERVINGS A DAY AND THE OTHER DAY I BINGED ON THEM EATING 5 OR 6 SERVINGS AND YESTERDAY I THOUGHT THE EXXON VALDEZ CAME TO PAY ME A VISIT! YUP! YOU GET THE PICTURE. I HAVE READ THAT OTHERS EXPERIENCED THIS BY EATIN FISH OR NUTS BUT I HAVE HAD NEITHER JUST PRINGLES FF. MIND YOU AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T KILL ME, I WONT BE ABLE TO GIVE UP MY FAVORITE SNACK, THEY ARE WORTH THE OIL SLICK! XD

I am on here trying to figure out what this orange/oily stool thing is all about. She is 3 and just had this today. I am looking for answers also. She does eat a lot of cashews but nothing out of the ordinary. Wondering where all of the previous guests reside--maybe its something in the water/or local foods...remember the peanut butter episode?? We are in Dallas TX.

I am a 25 yo Male who has expereinced the above mentioned symptoms today. Yesterday I ate a whole jar of nuts (Cashews, Psitacios, and Almonds). Can I safely assume this is the cause? And why did it occurr?

I have been having this same problem again. I had this about a year ago and yesterday it came back. It lasted on about a day last time, but today I still have it. I am planning on going to the doctor tomorrow and am glad there are other people having this same problem. No one I have talked to seem to have this problem either. It is very bad b/c when you feel you have to pass gas, you have to be careful. Does anyone know if I SHOULD go to the doctor or is there any reason to get this checked out. I mean, it isn't NORMAL! The only thing I can think of lately that might have triggered it would be cashews, Taco Bell, or Chik-Fil-A. Could greasy foods be the cause? Someone help me! How will I know if this will come back?

I'm 21 this year and have experienced orange oil in my stools twice already. Same thing, the orange oil is also secreted when I pass gas and it stinks really badly.

I'm not sure if there's any relations but I had a dinner of only beef, chicken, pork, and fish, all meat, one day before the incident.

It appeared to have gone away the whole of yesterday but when I went to the toilet just now I found oil in my stool again.

It doesn't help that my period is 2 weeks late too. %-)

Does anyone have any answers yet?

PS, I'm from South-East Asia.

"passing of gas accompanied by oil and orange oil droplets in stool"

That's due to malabsorption. I had this symptoms for about 4-5 days. What I thought was helpful was to change my diet to a less-oil diet. There isn't any medication that would help. My doctor told me that it would be gone by itself. For personal hygene, I used pads. That was the only way I could think of to keep myself clean.

Hello. I am having the same thing - just started yesterday. I haven't eaten fish for days, maybe even weeks. I have had some nuts, but that is all. I've never experienced anything like this in my life - orange droplets that float to the top of the water. Has anyone heard back from their doctor? I am a very healthy 31-year-old female. What is going on??? I live in Seattle, WA.