I have been working in an office on a desk job fro more than a decade. I started having problems with my neck and my back. Recently the condition has worsened and I have tried with taking some meds on my own but it did not work. Can you tell me how to live with fibromyalgia? Is there a reason to go to a doctor?

Fibromyalgia in the neck and back are commonly the result of the improper position (sitting long hours, for example). I have similar problems and I fight against it with exercise, regular back positioning and if needed, I use some pain killers. But before all this, you should really seek a medical help.

Fibro can also be caused by either a severe illness (like a bout of flu) or some kind of accident. I replied to a recent posting by KSF about my experience with fibromyalgia, and my advice to him/her. Please take a moment to read it, as I have about 18 years of experience with fibro, and you could benefit from learning about my experience with this painful, exhausting and debilitating disorder. Absolutely see a doctor, one who specializes in pain management, and if one doctor doesn't show interest in treating you, find another doctor right away. Though it's finally been recognized as a real disorder, fibromyalgia is still "pooh-poohed" by the dinosaurs in the medical field. Best of luck to you.

Hi guys..
I recently learned that more than 95% of Fibro sufferers have a displaced or misaligned atlas bone in their neck! That is the TOP bone of the neck!
When it becomes misaligned, and/or the neck begins to develop a reversed curve, the trouble with Fibro symtoms begin!! This is because that top little bone attaches to the BASE of our brain..which transmits pain signals ALL OVER OUR BODIES when it becomes misaligned, due to an accident, chronic stress, bad sleeping positions, etc.
Alot of things will help you deal with the pain symptoms, temporarily, but, in my opinion, CORRECTING the spinal misalignment is the key!!
My advice is to find a chiropractor who specializes in upper cervical care of the spine and begin a program to correct your neck misalignment!
I have just begun my own treatment, and within 3 visits of adjustments and traction (to correct the reversed curve of my neck), SO MUCH OF THE PAIN ALL OVER MY BODY HAS DECREASED like a miracle!!!
Try it!!!
Also..check out the website "stopfibro.com"...you will learn alot!
Good luck!!!

I don't know if you are still on this website, but if so i wanted to know if it alignment is still working as of today? My granddaughter is suffering really bad since 2009.

Please let me know.