Hello, guys. My grandmother fell yesterday and she broke her hip. She is in the hospital at the moment. I am afraid she might get some kind of complication. I would like to ask what complications of hip fractures are. I would really appreciate this piece of info. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Hi, there. Don’t be so afraid. It doesn’t have to mean that your grandmother will develop any kind of complication. If surgery can’t be done, there is traction method. The risk of this method is that one is attached to the bed for a long time. It is an excellent opportunity for developing blood clots. This clot usually appears in deep veins of the legs, but it can end up in the lungs causing pulmonary embolism. This condition is life threatening. Bedsores are also possible to develop. Pneumonia and urinary tract infection are also some of possible complications. But again, I hope your grandmother will be better. Good luck!