Hi. I had a total hip replacement surgery. I am home now, still recovering. I rest a lot. I have to avoid falls. I also have to avoid normal life activities for a while. I feel very depressed. I just wanted to share some post op hip replacement experience. How long will it take for me to recover? Any replies?

Hi. I had a total hip replacement surgery too. So I want to share my post op hip replacement experience too. I am aware they have removed the head of my femur and put a metal ball and stem instead of it. My socket is replaced with a plastic cup. I had a hip fracture. My doctor said my new, artificial hip will last for 10 or 15 years. He said expected recovery time is at least 6 weeks. I had no complications during the procedure or post op. Complications are always possible, during and after any kind of a surgery. Complications of hip replacement surgery include blood clot in your leg. This can lead to a blood clot in your lungs.