I had an abortion 4 weeks ago, two days ago I began having the symptoms again. I did not had sex after the abortion, however i did have sex the day before the abortion. Is it possible since sperm can live for up to seven days I may be pregnant again because of that. I took a pregnancy test that read positive. My bleeding after the abortion was very light and did not last long. I still havent came on my normal menstral yet, and I am having the mucas discharge that I had when I was prenant. I have had an abortion before and this did not happen.

So you took a pregnancy test and it says positive!? and was the abortion chemical or by surgery? I take it that you also had unprotected sex the day before? If you had the suction I suspect you are pregnant from the night before - as the suction technique takes the embryo! IF it was chemical - there is STILL a chance (as conception starts inside the fallopian tubes (which aren't involved with the procedure)! I would be amiss if I didn't bring up about IF you were going to have your 3rd abortion, that this could cause MAJOR problems in the future - due to scaring from each pregnancy! I am pro-choice, so don't think I am trying to impart my beliefs on you! BUT WHY aren't you on birth control since you don't want a baby? You are obviously thinking about today, BUT I want you to think about the future - and how you would feel after 3 abortions - IF you can't get pregnancy because of them! that would be a hard pill to swallow! I just don't want you to hurt yourself that's all! So you should get confirmation from a doctor if you are indeed pregnant! And then you also need to mention that you have had 2 abortions! NEVER keep this from a doctor - as they need to know about your sexual health in order to help you further! Good luck! And I hope you love yourself enough to protect yourself from what could be VERY damaging circumstances!

My abortion was through suction, and we did have sex the night before. This isnt my third abortion, I have two children currently. I know now to protect myself no matter what, and if I am pregnant I will be keeping it. I think I should wait another two weeks to see if I come on my menstral and if I have another positive test before worrying myself. What do you think? Have something like this really happened before?

Well I haven't seen it on here! Sorry you just mentioned"I have had an abortion before and this did not happen" So I thought it was 2 abortions and now this!

When we are pregnant our HCG level is at it's highest - this is the hormone that pregnancy tests detect - and sometimes after an abortion, miscarriage, birth, the hormone stays high for quite awhile! THUS one of the reasons why doctors say not to have unprotected sex after! I don't think your levels would be high still - from the abortion! So this is what perturbs me! IF you wait a week and it says positive then definitely you are pregnant! as this is plenty of time for you to have high levels from a pregnancy and not from the abortion! Also it takes 4 - 5 days for the zygote to attach itself to the lining of your uterus! since it was suction - this leaves plenty of lining for the zygote to attach! IF it was chemical then it would be less likely!

Please keep me updated and I wish for what you wish for!

Well, I had a postive prenancy test, and a sonogram that reveiled fluid(sack). My HCG levels are still kind of high so my Dr. is saying it maybe the pregnancy is still there after the abortion. It could be a new pregnancy depending on how high my HCG levels are in my next test, he will let me know for sure.

Well I've had 2 women that had an abortion - 1 failed, and the other had twins! I think this is from the night before - and I will tell you why! IF it was a failed abortion fetus - it would be FAR more than a sac! And your HCG levels would be equal - as far as I am concerned - because pregnant is pregnant and the test can only get so strong a reading right? The way to tell is through the ultrasound - and guessing the gestational age and the fetal age! And another thing, when they did the suction, a sac wouldn't be left behind - as they use ultrasound to determine where the zygot is! So IF this was from a failed abortion, I would put you about 10+ weeks so the zygote would now be a fetus, and the baby would be FAR more than a fluid egg sac! It would be about the size of a walnut! And you could definitely see this on a ultrasound by now! Thankyou for letting me know and please keep me informed OK? Good luck honey! And I know this might have knocked you for six! BUT perhaps things happen for a reason and you were meant to be pregnant right now!! We never know do we? BIG HUGS!