I have had unprotected sex on the 29th of May. I received bleeding on the 13th of June around 4 in the morning and is still lasting currently (four days now). It is a normal flow and has a red colour to it. I was expecting my period a few days earlier, sometime during the 8th or 9th, although im unsure becuase i have an irregualr period. I blamed the fact of me being a bit late on me stressing from the thought of being pregnant for those days. I think it's my period but i read some articles on the computer that say some women have a regular period throughout pregnancy. I was just wondering if it's possible that it's implantation bleeding if it's bright red in colour, a normal flow (along with the length in time), and occurred later than what my period should of been.

this sounds like nothing more than a normal period...I wouldn 't even think of this to be one of those "bleeding" episodes where a woman thinks its just a light period but she is actually pregnant. I don't feel like you have any reason to be concerned but if it would make you feel better take a home pregnacy test...the results would be accurate at this time.

can some one help me with this. My girlfriends period is in 4 days but today she had some brown spotting. it happened a couple times during the day is it implentation bleeding or just extra from her previous period because her last period did end early.. also her periods are irregular and we do practice safe sex

Hi Just to share...I started spotting when my period was due which now turned to heavier bleeding and a red like normal period. Everytime I did the HPT, there was a very faint 2nd line. So to have peace of mind I went to my clinic for a blood test and voila, Im pregnant! My HCG level even doubled. Im very happy about this though. I asked my doc why I could be bleeding and he says it can really happen without any explanation (implantation, etc., etc.) and even told me not to worry about bleeding since HCG is going up. So this is what matters..a BLOOD TEST at the lab will be the only way to tell you for sure 100% if it is a + or - inspite of bleeding! Watch the HCG levels. If it is more than 5, then you are preggy and if it doubles every 48 hrs. then the pregnancy is getting stronger. So even if you are having like a period, heavier than spotting, then you still can be very pregnant. Hope this helps!

The last post is the exception...a woman doesn't normally "bleed" enough for a tampon or pad in pregnancy....and as she said even her home test had a "faint line" SO for those of you that are worried....if you are bleeding, and have had a negative home test I wouldn't be concerned and wouldn't think a blood test would even be necessary unless you really want to....a blood test can't show too much earlier than a home test to be honest (unless its a level test and these are not used unless they are checking to see if your levels are "increasing") To recap...If you fear pregnancy, your bleeding AND you have had a negative HPT....you are not pregnant. If you have even had a "faint" line....a positive is usually a positive and you should see your doc asap.

I dont know how your clinic will deal with it, but with my clinic when they do a blood test to detect pregnancy, its becasue they automatically check the levels of HCG of course as this is where they will guage if there is a real pregnancy, especially early ones!...If it doubles in 48 hours, then even if you bleed, pregnancy possibility is something to still watch out for /monitor. I read as well that many HPT dont work on some women...did you see sites where a woman gave girth 3 times and she always got a negative on HPT until her 3RD MONTH! her HCG level were so low but steadily growing...I dont know how true this is, but many have exprienced this and almost always ONLY THE BLOOD TEST gave them better answers. This is just an advise for those still worried after a negative HPT, and are asking. If you are really unsure still and feel uneasy about your HPT results, just go to the clinic and test your blood...it wont hurt and wont cost much too (depnding on your clinic) but well worth the time and effort to have PEACE OF MIND :)