i am curious whether or not i am pregnant. i have stopped using b/c since january but it has taken a while for my body to get back to normal cycle. i had a normal period in january, and missed it in feburary, had one in late march after 3 weeks late, had one in april from what i remember is normal lasted 6 days, and i havent had one since i am due to get it today and it is not started yet. i had unprotected sex on saturday and had blood on my underwear on tuesday morning and had a spot of blood yesterday after wiping from going to the toilet and nothing since. am i pregnant or is it my period? have been having cramps, headaches, and constantly going to the toilet for the last 2 days more than usual. took a test this morning and it came back negative. could i have tested too early? because i didnt have a period last month  i am not sure when i ovulated cause i am not sure how to check for that kind of stuff. does anyone have any answers for me plesase??????????

You definitely tested too early - it takes at least 15 days after the unprotected sex for HCG levels to be high enough for the home pregnancy test to detect them, but as you know already, you would have to be ovulating around the time of the unprotected sex in order to get pregnant. And I'm afraid since you cycle is really off, it's a wild guess were you or weren't you ovulating than. But, wait two weeks and test again. As far as detecting the ovulation goes, some women can track the changes in their discharge (not itchy, white, stretchy or similar to an egg white), some women get spotting or PMS signs, but there are also ovulation kits you can buy at pharmacy that test the urine. Hope it helped at least a bit.

is it possible that it was implanation bleeding then or too early for it to be that too? have read other posts so am unsure as to how many days after unprotected sex you can have it! all answers received with thanks :)

Now that I read again, it does sound like implantation bleeding, but again, the timing for the implantation bleeding is some 6-12 days after ovulation (and sex that led to conception). Did you have unprotected sex before Saturday? Major confusion, definitely, because these few spots of blood also could happen because you were ovulating - some women experience PMS-like symptoms with mild spotting at the time of ovulation, too. Any chance you visit a gynecologist to find out exactly what is going on? Or, if you can see a doctor, blood pregnancy test can detect pregnancy much sooner.