I'm a virgin,I had never let anyone touch me in genital area,but,since being in medical school and learning about the existence of a hymen,I'm very confused about its location. I can insert a finger up my vagina to clean it thoroughly with water,but only if I do it carefully, it hurts the opening of vagina if I forcefully do it. I feel something up my vagina which feels like a tube having a slit in its middle. I want to know if its the hymen or cervix. I'm a athlete aswell. Sometimes my finger can't go up my vagina at all. Moreover I don't feel a thing when I insert my finger, its like the walls are sensation less.... I'm really confused, plz help me out.

The tube havinga slit in the middle is probably your cervix. Your hymen is at the entrance to your vagina, and typically has a finger-sized hole in it.You should be able to see your hymen by using a hand-mirror.

Your vagina should not be bleaned with water as it might upset the chemical balance - the vagina is self-cleaning.

I hope this helps as a start. If you want more help, just ask.

Thankew so much,it really was helpful. :-) ....