Hi . I'm really worried.I have never inserted anything in my vaginal canal never even been closer to that part.3 days a go.I tried fingering myself it was my first time.I did not insert my fingers in the vaginal opening. I rubbed the clitoris and other parts but did not push them.NOT AT ALL.But I started to bleed I felt I had scratched myself and could even see a nail scratch but I'm really worried.The bleeding was for like 2 seconds or so only.After this incident I tried examining my Hymen.I can not see my vaginal opening really easily I really have to stretch myself for it.It seems to covered by a pink layer of skin.I tried putting my middle finger in but I just couldn't. It seemed like there was a closed wall pushing it back.My finger seems to be too big for my opening. PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. PLease.

Health Guru
Hi worried chic, first of all how old are you? When you try to look at your vagina try using a mirror propped in front of you then bend your knees up towards your chest feet about 3 foot apart then spread your knees as wide as you can then spread your labia and it should give you a clearer view. Have you started your periods yet?

Hi . I'm 19 and yes I'm having regular periods since I was 11

Is my hymen still intact.Please reply as soon as you can worried chic.

Health Guru
If your having normal periods then there is an opening in your hymen, hymens can come in all different forms from from completely covering the entrance with just small holes to just one large hole with a ragged piece of skin around and it can be thin that will break easy to slightly thicker that may need surgery to open it. It could be that you just have a slightly thicker full covering hymen try what I said to see it and your can always Google what does a hymen look like to see pictures :-)

But I bleeded by just rubbing the area and not inserting ANYTHING in it . I'm really worried about my hymen.To have an intact hymen is really important in my culture.Is it still intact?

Health Guru
Where exactly did you rub and where exactly did it bleed from because the way you speak in your main post you rubbed you clit and it was your labia/clitororal hood where the blood came from. I understand about your culture and needing to bleed the first time you have intercourse as proof your a virgin but just to also let you know a hymen can break many different ways even without any physical contact such as from riding a bike, horse riding, gymnastics and just stretching. It could be just your finger nail scratched you when you rubbed, I can't actually say if your hymen is intact as I can't physically examine you to see.

But to break your Hymen you really have to insert your fingers in the vaginal hole right?

Health Guru
Not necessary as I said above it can break many different ways without you even realising and some girls can even get fingered and have intercourse and the hymen doesn't break the first time, technically your still a virgin until a penis enters your vagina for the first time weather you have a hymen or not. Try examining yourself again like I said and you should be able to see your hymen. I can't say its still there as I can't physically see but would say its all most certainly still intact.

Like you told me I tried examining myself following your instructions. I could see a tiny whole covered with a think baby pinkish skin which opened when I stretched open my legs.The lower part of my vaginal opening was sort of thick with light pink/white skin compared to the upper part.Is that my intact hymen?the sides of my opening are also thick but they keeping on getting stretch open pr get closed as reduce the distance between my legs.I can not insert my index finger in not even till the knuckle it seems there is something closed inside.

Health Guru
Yes I would say that is your hymen still intact by what you described. It could be that when you putting your finger in your not going at the right angle and your hitting the side wall of your vagina.

Thank you so much for helping me out. I'm just stupid. Never trying this again EVER. I just figured out I scratched my prenium and it bleeded for like 2 seconds which freaked me out about my hymen.Thank you again.x To break hymen through masteebuating/fingering you have to insert your fingers in the opening right?not that I'm ever trying but still