This started a few months ago... i first thought they were in grown hairs on myb groin from when i was shaving...but it started to swell and turned into a hard mass and after awhile it started to ooze...i went to the doctor and they gave me penicillin (sp?) and told me to use hot compresses and then when possable to press out the puss....thinking it was due to shaving my pubic area i stopped...but im still getting them..and they went lower... on the lips...it again swelled and got very painfull..i would do again what the doctor said and drain it and it would go away...but they keep comming back and they go lower and lower...and im not shaving anymore...there not startting out as pimples and then grow...turn into a har mass for a few days..very very painful..and then i have to drain them...it takes over a week to heal and get all the puss out...puss and blood. Its painful and they keep comming back..now there on my buttocs near my anus... there very very painful and make it hard for me to sit..i dont know what they are and i dont know what else to do for them..cause the hot compresses are not working any more..and im in very bad pain all the time when i get them...they just show up outta no where...and i dont know why... is it cause i sweat there cause i wear boxer brifs instead of panties... and i tend to sweat alot when i work out and at work... i dont know what to do..help please...

Who did you see, a gynecologist or dermatologist? I would see a dermatologist!
These could be ingrown hairs that got infected by bacteria. You did take penicillin but it may have not helped. You should see a doc again and get another treatment.

If these are infected ingrown hairs, you should stop touching them. Touching them would only spread them and they will keep reappearing. I too have problems with huge ingrown hairs and they get to stay for months as cysts. I usually get one or two at the time and they don’t spread but if I poke and squeeze they only get bigger and harder with more blood but I never manage to get the hair out.

I would suggest you stopped doing things on your own ‘cos it’s obvious you are not going anywhere. See a dermatologist, and get another treatment and don’t touch them until they heal and are gone!

Good luck!

I to have this same problem. I know exactly what you mean. They start off under the skin and get very very swollen until it is just to painful. You can either pop it early and avoid the tremendous pain or wait until they get really bad and they will ooze on there own. They hurt really bad and have a little head like a pimple. They are full of blood and puss. Mine came out of no where never had sex with anyone except my husband who I've been with for years prior to this occurence. Once you pop them and drain the puss they go away but like you said it takes about a week to heal and usually a couple drains. The problem is that they always come back but never in the same place it's always somewhere different. Mine are on the my pubic bone on the right side specifically so far. I do not think leaving them alone is an option as I understand the pain that is involved. I do not know of anything that is useful but if you find something out and would be willing to share with me I would appreciate it tremendously. My email is _[removed]_. Thanks.

I get the same thing my mom has them too and has for a while she never saw a doctor though so she doesn't think i need to either and i'm really worried that it might be more than what she thinks it is but since she just dealt with them herself i should too

This sounds an awful lot like MRSA or Staph infection... See a doctor, and make sure to say that they keep coming back and spreading! This could lead to a much worse infection.. and scarring! good luck.