I had a cyst removed yesterday, it had been in my armpit for almost a year. When he removed it, it was about the size of a peanut M&M and very hard. I have four stiches and a little soreness but other than that I am fine. I was just so alarmed at the size of it and the amount of bleeding that I did. He had to cartherize a bleeder to get it to stop. How do I know that its not cancerous? Are they normally hard?

I had a sebaceous cyst removed form armpit twice and it keeps coming back. I feel a lot of pain everyday. I dont know what else to do but have my armpit removed. Im not sure what is causing it and why it doesnt go away.

I have removed it and it never came back lucky me. I know a couple of people who had the same problem after sebaceous cyst removal and I have to be honest repeating that I don't know why this is coming back. I listened to every advice that my doctor told me about this, how I needed to treat it after the removal, so I did it. I think that a lot of people actually don't pay any attention to this and that this is one of the reasons why this keeps coming back always. You need to keep it clean. All the time. 

If it is a sebaceous cyst you have to have the shell of it removed. The doctor needs to make sure that the whole shell is removed or it will keep coming back. Usually your Primary care doctor will refer you to a general surgeon for this. An I and D will not be enough to keep it from coming back.