I've had an irritating dry cough for a few days now, i have no other symptoms except a headache nearing the end of the day because i have been coughing so much. Im coughing between once and three times PER MINUTE and it is driving me insane (and also others having to listen to me!) Any ideas what is it?

Hello there Arithiica,

Well if you are not feeling anything else besaides of smoking than it is hard to tell what is going on with you. Dry cough can be a consequence of various different conditions and if you are sure that the headache is the consequence of the coughing than I really think you will have to consult your doctor about your problem.

Are you a smoker? If you smoke it could happen that your dry cough is consequence of your smoking and then it is obvious what the solution to your problem is. Also, if something more serious is in question you will have to do all sort of tests to find out. For example X-ray.

My husband has the same symptoms.  Coughing does not continue during sleep since using cold air humidifier.  took an antibiotic and it interacted unfavorably with sodium level and he became shakey.

any ideas.

anne