I'm a seventeen year old and for the past five days, I've been coughing insanely. At first it started with a normal cough and a fever but the fever went away and now I'm left with this horrible cough and no other symptoms. I've had strep throat twice before (in a span of four or so years) and I can tell that the cause of this cough is somewhere by my tonsils. I don't want to see the doctor unnecessarily, if this will go away, but it keeps me up at night with constant coughing that sometimes borderlines throwing up (when the fit is bad/long enough). Any ideas as to what this may be?

hi,
   reading ur problem i  know wht it is ,first u had throat infection which caused u cough and fever now tht fever has gone but not cough tht is due to throat allergy,in the night u cough more  because when u lie down ur throat stretches and u tend to cough more u need to have an antibiotic for throat allergy after tht try to recollect what u had tht u got this infection
                i hope i helped u.i had this problem