For over a year now I have had problems with a very dry cough with nothing in my lungs or chest. At times, it feels as if I have swallowed dust and I begin to choke and cough. Many times the choking attack happens while I am eating and/or drinking. Sometimes my throat gets very, very dry while I am talking, which spurs an attack of coughing and choking, and it has also happened while I was sleeping. The choking attack feels like I have swallowed something down my windpipe. What could this please

Did you ever visit a doctor about this problem? It can be nasty and it can lead to something even more serious, it can become acute. Have you ever tried some dry cough remedies?

It doesn't matter are they prescribed by your doctor or you did something healthy for your throat. For example, some home remedies, such as honey with a slice of lemon can definitely soothe the lining of the tissues at the back of the throat. Syrups are also good because they will calm your throat down, all you need to do is to seek for a proper one in the pharmacy store. But generally, you should visit a doctor. 

No i  don't have...