I have recently found out i am 6 weeks pregnant with our first child and am over the moon, however for the last week or so i have been feeling cramping and a dull ache low down on the left side of my tummy. Sometimes it is a shooting sharp pain but always to the left. Out of shear panic and worry i referred myself to the early pregnancy unit at my hospital who offered me an early scan. I was so sure my pregnancy wasnt right and was bracing myself to hear the worst as i really though it was an ectopic pregnancy. To  my suprise and relief the pregnancy is perfectly normal and we even saw the babies heart beat which was amazing. I wanted to share this experience as i was driving myself crazy with worry and doubt and am so happy i went for the early scan as i now have a very big piece of mind. If any other pregnant ladies who are in thier early stages are experience similar syptoms get yourself checked as it most probably isnt anything to worry about. I almost forgot to mention, what they did find was a pregnancy cyst on my ovary which is most likey causing the ache. The nurse said its perfectly normal and should go away on its own.

Good luck to all you Mummys to be :-P

I was like that when i was pregnant, so i went to the doctors and got checked out and they said i was fine. They booked me in for a scan because i was 13 weeks gone but the same day i went for my scan i had had a miscarriage, but ever since I've had my miscarriage my periods have been irregular, they are coming every 2-3 month and i dunno what to do because me and my partner want a baby, but i am finding it hard because when i had the miscarriage i never went to get scraped out, that is because i was on my period for 1 week and a couple of days so i thought i was OK. If you could help me i'll be very grateful, I'm only 18 and that was my first miscarriage and pregnancy and i don't wanna go through that again. I think about this nearly every night before i go to sleep at night but just end up with tears in my eyes because i don't think I've got over having my miscarriage. Also is there anything i can do to stop me from getting stressed and depressed so easily so i don't go through that same experience again. 
I'll be happy if you help  me 
Thanks
Reply to this or send me a message in my inbox 
:(

Thank you, I am 6 weeks pregnant and is experiencing same sharp pain on my left side.....I am on our honeymoon but feeling uncomfortable....thanks again

how strong was this pain as mnes been rougly every 5 mins tthrughout the day and literally drove me to tears?

Hi just sharing hoping it might ease your mind. When I was pregnant I had severe sharp pains in my uterus every 15 min and would last for about 10 seconds but they were that intense I would drop to the ground. This happened between 3 and 6 weeks and my baby is now 3 and a half! Never had a problem. And I was told I was miscarrying or was ectopic but was fine. Good luck

I get these really intense sharp pains in my left side .. And every time I lay down for bed my stomach throbs I'm five weeks pregnant ! Is this normal? 

I just wanted to let you know that i had sharp pains for the length of my pregnancy and was so concerned it was something seriously wrong. It wasn't at all, it was just my body growing and making room for the little one and i was very sensitive too all the twinges and pains (some people don't notice them at all) Your growing a baby, its not easy and its not pain free. Its the most stressful part of the pregnancy (the 1st 12 weeks) but the more you relax and enjoy the better for both yourself and baby. I think as a mum to be you will know when something really isn't right and should never ignore that instinct. 

Good luck to you all, its really does get much better after 12 weeks. I now have a 1 year old boy but understand how it feels to be worried. 

I was in your position with my first pregnancy. I had a miscarriage. I too was stressed out and was very depressed, but i couldn't let that stop me from trying again. The more you stress. They say don't think about it, if you were meant to bring life, it will happen. And i know it is meant to be. My periods was irregular and i was having blood clots coming out. Talk to your doctor about getting you scrapped out. When i got scrapped out, my periods were still irregular, but that's normal. Don't be afraid of trying again, It might take awhile, but you will get there. Even though I lost my first one in 2005, in 2007 my second one, a beautiful 9lbs 4oz baby boy came into my life. And now i'm expecting my third and I can't wait. All the best to you. You are still young and i will happen. :)

Leane2010 I had three miscarriages before a d&c n here part of the first placenta had crystallized in my uterus so my babies couldn't fully attach I had d&c in aug n by march I was pregnant this one has fully attached do urself a favor have ur uterus checked they found mine on a sonogram and after d&c my periods became normal again good luck and god bless

You are very young. You may want to consider waiting til later in life when your established with career and home. It's a huge challenge to do these things with a baby to care for. While I'm sorry for your loss you may see a bit of a blessing that something was not healthy in the pregnancy causing the miscarriage and potentially kept from having an unsafe pregnancy or numerous issues with the baby. You have plenty of time.

I am 19, I have also suffered the pain of a miscarriage, I can promise you, you will get pregnant again, I am now 6 weeks pregnant, I was told the other day that my baby's heart beat was really low and there is a 50/50 chance.. try not to stress yourself out, and remember your baby feels everything you feel times 10 .. I hope everything comes out good for you!

Hi ya just found out im 5-6 weeks pregnant an its my first one so im a little worried

Did you figure everything out.did your periods get normal.did you have your rainbow baby.is this was a yr ago...and I'm sure you have by now..but i would deff go to the obgyn and talk them not your periods.hope everything has gone well for you

Hi I'm asking for help! I just found out I was pregnant. I'm 22 first child. Well I'm 6 weeks 4 days and when I was just 5 weeks they told me they couldn't find a heart beat. Then they told me to just wait cause I was to early. But I'm having sharp pains only on my left side. Is it normal? Somebody anybody please help me. Thank you in advance

Did you ever find out what was it??