Guys, I am freaked out. Literally. Last night I was really bad and I had this dizziness. I just felt really bad and I wanted to check my blood pressure. So, I did and when I saw that I have very high blood pressure 150/90, I got really scared. I have a low blood pressure generally and this has never happened to me. I don't know why...Also, I have this constant lightheadedness so I was wondering is there a chance that those are somehow connected to high blood pressure as well? What to do? I live alone and I can't ask for help when I am feeling bad. 

high blood pressure is a silent killer and should be controlled. now, dizziness can definitely be a side effect of some blood pressure medications (if you are using some of these), and in that case, it is not caused by high blood pressure. the same thing is with constant lightheadedness  - but generally, dizziness and lightheadedness should not be ignored, never. All of those things can be a warning sign of a stroke. Consult your doctor intimidate. It is very high pressure. Maybe something happened, I don't know. Was your blood pressure as high as it was that night days after? 

Hello.

Do you stand up quickly from the lying position? This happens very often to me, so in that case, it is not related to high blood pressure. So, whenever you are trying to get up from your bed, first sit for a couple of seconds or minute and then stand up totally.

Now, if you have a history of high blood pressure than you should alarm your doctor. You should never play with it because high blood pressure has been called the ‘silent killer’. Once you start to have problems with it, it can make a lot of damage. You should be aware of its devastating consequences and you should never play with it. 

Celebrity

It is extremely high blood pressure. Do you use any pills to treat this problem? There are some of the signs of the high blood pressure, and those are dizziness, facial flushing, blood spots in the eyes, etc. Now, I am not sure about lightheadedness at all, and it must be inspected.  So, you better check it. Maybe there are some other reasons behind this - it can also be a dehydration. Anyway, you already do know that they call high blood pressure a "silent killer". It means a lot and this is one thing that should never be ignored. 

No, maybe I am irresponsible, but I never went to see my doctor about this problem. I believed that this is caused by the stress and because I really do have a lot of problems in my life (I mean, who doesn't), but I never believed that this is something serious. That is why I don't use any pills to make my pressure lower, but I do eat some foods that can help in this. I don't know how this effect is, but it helps me, even if I have to do it more often than I wanted to do it. So, you think that the solution for me is to visit a doctor and see what he can tell me about my high pressure and what are the reasons for this lightheadedness?

Celebrity

Look, I think that those two things are separated. I think that your high blood pressure has nothing to do with your lightheadedness. That is why you need to consult your doctor since it is all about your health. Dizziness and vertigo effects may be caused by high blood pressure, but I would not say that this is the case with lightheadedness. Exanimate it. Foods are not just good enough to help you in lowering your blood pressure since this problem is always coming back to you. You need to take something that is going to stabilize your pressure on long runs. Good luck!