I have severe itching of my wrists and forearms as well as my ankles and lower legs. It feels as though somwthing is biting me. I scratch and immediately get red dots which bleed and scab over but remain itchy. If It doesn't matter whether I scratch of not, it gets more intense until I do touch it. It has been happening for several weeks now and I am noticing the itch in other areas (head, upper arm, lower stomach and back)

I have the same symptoms after starting on Prozac and Advair, both of which list these symptoms as possible side effects from an allergic reaction.

sounds like scabies

I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like scabies, which are little lice like incests that bite you under our skin (easily treated though, just very itchy) The itch and redness will get better in the shower but feel MUCH worse once you get out, just to warn you, and you should go see your doctor as soohn as possible. WASH EVERYTHING!!!

I have this problem. I found that "PARESTHESIA neuropathy" is the diagnosis that fits my symptoms. The cure is SUB LINGUAL B-12 (METHYLCOBALAMIN). Do not take a B Complex because too much B-6 can CAUSE worsen the problem!!! You should experience relief in one week! B-12 protects the myelin sheath (nerve protective covering). B-12 also improves sleep cycles, which is a problem that I also had!.

I never had itchy writs or ankles in my life before. I am now 84 and living in Montana. Lived in Indiana, Alabama, California, and rode around the United States staying a while in Texas and Florida. Lived back and forth in Chicago when very young. There are wild deer which wander all over this little town, and love my yard, parking in it for hours and certainly doing their job all over it. I have recently learned that Wolves have been imported from Canada that have tapeworm and the deer therefore and the rest of the little animals must have it too. The other day I was soaking in a warm to hot tub of water which I love to do with vinegar added, I noticed a orangish pink thing swimming fast around my tub water. I know what a proglotid looks like, and I ran to the kitchen, got a little bottle and caught the thing. It was thin and certainly did look like a proglotid. Upon seeing this I looked in my nutrition books by Dr. Hulda Clark and she recommended CoQ10 in large doses for a week. I couldn't afford enough to complete a week, but I did take high doses for about 4 days and finished the balance of a week with 1 capsule a day. Prior to doing thiis I was experiencing a rolling in my stomach every time I ate ANYTHING. This was certainly spooky, as I had never felt this before in my life. This occurred after I mowed my lawn in late September 2009. Lots of dust from the grass trimmings that I had to sack up. The itchy wrist experience that I also had never ever experienced happened about a week ago, that would be around March 14 or thereabouts. This was intense itching. and after succumbing to some rubbing some reddish lumps appeared, father small, the size of a 0 in this typing. These little red lumps were lined up in rows, about a quarter of an inch apart, and there about 3 rows on the underside of my left wrist. Cold water felt good only temporarily, and then I decided to try Vit D3. It worked. The Vit D3 stopped the itching. Then the right wrist commended to begin to itch. It did the same thing for the right wrist. I cut opn a D3 capsule and put the oil on the right wrist as well. THEN the ankles began to itch. First the LEFT ankle, and then the right ankle. I have decided that certainly Vit D3 must be good for the itching wrists and ankles, and have put it on a couple times a day. But, right now, in fact, several hours after the last application of Vit D3 my ankles are feeling itchy and my wrists a little, but not very much. The left one is the worst on both the ankles and the wrists. I made sure I did not scratch the little bumps so as not to infect myself. My granddaughter lives in the country, outside of this little town in Montana. Camas Prairie to be exact. She visited me in mid February 2010 and I visited her later in February. Today, I divulged to her about my wrists and ankles itching, and she confessed to me that her wrists itch, and she figured it was from soap that she has to use in her job taking of elderly folks in a home. Oh, I thought. Maybe she has scabies or some such and I have picked it up. She also has a man friend who visit constantly. Either at her place or at his place. She also has sheep which she has to feed and look after. She works very hard and even has a four-year-old daughter. As far as I know she does not use alcohol and does not smoke. He male friend does use alcohol with his friends, but does not smoke. I, myself, do neither of these and do try to eat a nutritious diet. I also like to use grapes as a cleanse once in a while, and recently, just before the left wrist problem, I ate nothing but very washed and frozen green grapes for 2 l/2 days, and decided to stop when my left wrist acted up, having never experienced it before. Since then I figured that I was detoxing, but then, why should my granddaughter also have an itchy wrist ? ? I am wondering if I caught Scabies or Lychen or some such from her or her house. Her little 4-yr-old daughter does not have this itch. My granddaughter is 27 years of age. Had been married, divorced, and is hoping to marry the man she is seeing at this time. He is a Pices and very reluctant to put himself into any sort of BINDING situation. Really eager to take advantage of a beautiful young lady though. His work is that of a high wire electrician and he uses a back hoe for folks in the vicinity. This has been a long story, but I figured I needed to say all the possibilities. I keep myself clean, but, of course, I do go outside, visit other folks, like my granddaughter, mosly, go to the Post Office and store. But since she had the wrist itch that I just found out about today, I thought that I may have some mite.

Quote:

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TO WHERE MY ANKLE IS A RUNNING SORE, LOOKS LIKE IT IS BLISTERED.  I HAVE BEEN ON CLEOCIN FOR AN ULCER ON THE OTHER FOOT, I AM NOT A DIABETIC.
Quote:

Quote:

I have a rash on both my ankles and the bk of my arms and cross my stomach.

Straight up!!! it it SCABIES!!! I just read all the symptoms and I have it!

Adults are prone to get scabies on the wrists, forearms, crotch area and ankles. They're like tiny bite marks and they scab and leave a dark spot. You can get them between the fingers too. Itching increases more at night. I could NOT SLEEP cause I was itching so much. Went to bed at 1:30 am, it is now 6:40am. 

Terrible TERRIBLE THING! You can buy cream for it and have to wash all your stuff in HOT** WATER. 

Hoipe this helps :)

Check Lichen Planus. I have had same exact symptoms for 6 months and have already treated for scabies 3 times. I have also been on 2 different strength steroid creams and nothing. I just found this Lichen Planus thing and it sounds possible...

If it is scabies treating the area with neat Teatree oil will clear it almost immediately.

HELP? For about the last year i have noticed my ankles breaking out while at work. Now my forearms are doing the same. It's a little raised with a hot sensation.  I have history of high blood pressure, kidney disease, back issues and had a mild heart attack in august of 2014, I don't undeRostand what is going on. Rash seems to lighten up Through the night, barely visible when I wake up, but soon as I get to work I'm broke out again

I only itch on my wrist and the side of my thumb. No bumps, no rash,no redness just constant itching for about 2 mos. now. Once in a while during the past wk. it itches on my arm just below my elbow and no marks!

I have similar symptoms (localized irritation and inflamation on forearms and ankles), and I have been using hydrating creams which have been effective. If your skin is visually dry, it is possible that you are suffering from eczema.

If you soak in a lukewarm bath with 3 - 4 cups of Epsom Salts at least once per week, the itching should stop.