For the last 2 years off and on I've had a strange pressure type feeling in my neck on the right side. No sore throat, no lumps, and not really a pain but more of a pressure. From my shoulder up to my ear. Sometimes I feel this pressure in my ear, and behind my eye too, not always though. When I do it's usually very minor, but there. The tightness radiates part way down my back too. If I bend my head forward, I can feel it pulling down my back. I went to the doctor about a year ago regarding it, and he thought it may just be some tight muscles. He looked down my throat, and felt around and thought it was nothing to worry about. I have a knot in the back of my neck that I can't get rid of either. More to the right side of my spine than the left. If I push on it I can make it roll back and forth across something in my neck. If I apply the same pressure on the left side, nothing. As I stated previously, no pain. I used to crack my neck when I was a kid, quite frequently and these days when I move my neck around in a circle, it sounds like rice krispies in there. Maybe it's a bone spur in my neck rubbing on a tendon or muscle? My father has DISH syndrome and my mother has Fibromyalgia. I'm wondering if this is the start of something like that. My father can't even bend his head back anymore and has difficulty turning it to the right or left. I also have my desk set up at work with my computer monitor to my right and for the last 9 years, I've had my head turned to the right to view it. I notice that when I wake up in the morning there is generally no pressure, but as the day goes on it becomes increasingly more prevalent. It's also not there 100% of the time either. I may go an hour or more without any pressure and then I may feel it for 2 hours. No rhyme or reason to it. I've noticed that in the summer it's much less noticeable. I know that sounds silly but it's true. Sometimes I wonder if it's just muscular, but obviously cancer comes to mind and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms....

zh %-)

Yes, I have had a kind of pressure on the right side of my neck and its not there all the time and in the summer i didnt notice it as much at all. It never goes down my back but i do kinda feel it higher on my neck. I too went to the doctor and he said that there was nothing there. My parents do not have those problems. Its wierd because it doesnt go away but there is no pain and its just mainly annoying, but hopefully nothing to worry about. Would be nice to know what it is and make it go away.

Yes I too have been having neck pressure for the past 11 yrs it comes and gose, not there when i wake up but as the day goes on it gets worse. Been to the doctor and all that but hes says same asn yall its not anyting to worry about, he gives me muslel relaxers and a shot for allergies and sends me on my way it works for a wile but just a few months

I have had a knot in my neck for years now. I got it checked out when I was younger and they said that there was nothing to worry about. It is located on the left side of my neck. My dad also has a knot in his neck. The weird thing is that my mom also has Fibromyalgia. Sometimes the pain also goes down the back of my neck to my shoulder blades. I can move the knot in my neck around in circles and it also feels like a muscle. It is less noticeable in the summer. Sometimes it causes more pain and pressure than other times! It would be great for someone to find something to make these pains and the knot to go away. XD

zipperhead you hit the nail on the head as far as symptoms. I wonder if muscles relaxers are the trick it is driving me crazy

Yeah, I have a knot in the back of my neck, on the right side, off of my spine. It hurts a lot, and I can pull at it and squeeze it, and it always feels really good when I do that, but it's hard to do a lot. It feels sort of big, in that I can't pinch it flat. My doctor says it's a bundle of nerves and not to worry but it f'ing kills and I want to go to a physical therapist and have them stick a needle in it to loosen it. :-(

I have had the same thing for over 2 years now. Mine started with what felt like an inner ear infection...alot of pressure behind my ear, that seemed to radiate around my ear. I have been to a ENT (said it was allergies...to take allergy medicine and nose sprays, Neurologist...and had a CT done, he said that it was something called Occipital Neuralgia, the pinching or damage of the main nerve that connects to areas of the face, (He put me on a bunch of medications that really didn't do anything but cause me to lose weight), and then I went to a Chiropractor, who says that there is a nerve that is pinched between my first and second vertebrae in the back of my neck....Everyone seems to have a different opinion of what it is and they all discredit the others and their opinions. Now, the pressure is pretty strong in my neck and still in my ear, and at times,the right side of my jaw will go numb, along with pressure behind my right eye....I am on the "Doctor Trail" again to find out what is going on. I am being told to demand a MRI...that it is the only way to really tell what is going on....Doing that next week....If I find out something, I will pass the info along. Hope you all feel better

What you've described is EXACTLY why i'm going to the doctor tomorrow. It's so strange and most people I try to explain it to do not understand. Did you ever find out anything? did the person who got an MRI find anything? Have muscle relaxers or swelling reducers helped?

I have had these exact symptoms for the last 4 months. Doctor said it was anxiety, stress, prescribed xanax, which helps, but I can't take it all the time. Find that I wake up and the knots aren't really there, feel good, but as the day goes by and I am at my computer, they get worse, especially around 4-5pm. During the weekend, not as bad because I am up and moving around.

I also get some pressure in my ears. Very strange. Other than the mild neck pain and the knots..I feel fine. I also use a heating pad around my neck and that helps too...but it's like..enough already...

has anyone tried acupunture?

Hi
I have been having quite similar experiences.It feels as if my muscles on the right side of the neck are always stretched.Theres a feeling of something piercing inside the throat on the right side.My right ear feels somewhat hollow from within o.O and i cant bear sharp noises on the right it also pains mildly. Apart from this the's a mild pain on the right side of head and forehead.And a vein somewhat bulges on the right forehead during pain.I also feel lesser sensation on the right forehead and scalp. Also i'm losing hairs on the right side of head.Also i'm having trouble speaking and cocentrating.My right eye feels gettting pulled towards the left.I've gone to an ENT but nothing was found.Then i checked for blood vessel problem but everything was fine. I also did my gums and dental check but nothing has come up.Ive even done CT scan and dopper carotid test.But everything seems normal.Please let ke know if anticipate anything.
Thanks.

Hi, im 16 & I've had an ear infection for the last 3 months & also pressure build up in my head.I'm always uncomfortable. From the beginning of the ear infection i had a strange feeling in my neck that comes & gos (on both sides of my neck). They usually start to irritate me around 5 PM...everyone tells me its from my ear infection, a swollen gland from the draining of mucus. It feels like i have a blood clot, but i don't think that's possible for my age. It also seems like it affects my breathing. A heating pad sometimes soothes it!I'm going to get a massage tomorrow & if it hasn't gone away im going to ask my cousin who is a paramedic for the military. So, maybe you guys either have an ear infection or pressure build yup in your head!? Anyway when i find out I'll tip you guys too!!

Zipperhead, You described exactly what I feel as well. Sometimes even a quick nauseous feeling is associated with it as well.
I am always jerking my head a cracking my neck. Maybe I should not do this.?

Have you found out anything regarding your symptoms? I have an extreme fear of doctors, but if its a start of something serious, then a visit would be smart.

I am 40 yrs old.

Hello, I am 28 and just had my 4th boy. I have had anxiety for the past 7 yrs now and my family keeps telling that this is a result of it. Right after i had my last son i started feeling like i have a knot in the back of my throat....sometimes it seems hard to swallow and it feels like it messes with my breathing. like some of u have said it is rarely there in the morning if at all. now i feel like my neck is tight and starting to feel it in my head and dizzyness. i freak out and tend to obsess on it and i dont want to but i cant stop thinking that something is truely wrong with me....i went to the er for the dizziness about 5 months ago and they did an ct scan and found nothing. i dont know what to do sometimes i feel confused and just worry my husband and kids to much ..... i dont have insurance so im afraid to rack up a huge bill. let me know if you find anything out :'(

I have the same thing and mine sounds more like yours. It does not go down my back or shoulders or anything but is pressure high up on the right side of my neck. I'd say mostly from a few inches below my ear up to just behind it. I have been really worried thinking that it may be some issue with the main artery like a blood clot or something. It just started recently and is not pain, just annoying but then this evening when I took my kids for a walk, I felt the artery pulse like a heartbeat about 3 times and that really scared me. Will not see the doctor until Thursday.

I have exactly the same thing, I started getting it yesterday and it started with pressure on my left side of my jaw, left eye, left ear and left side of my throat. Now the only thing left is my throat, it feels like a knot in my throat but it becomes less, almost like it's drained of everything inside it then it gets bigger again. I wasn't going to bother going to the doctor's but after reading this I think it's best to try and catch this early on o.O