Hi

I recently had a severe head cold, which took ages to clear up, 2 months afterward I began to get pain in the bone behind my right ear, with occasional headaches which were severe and debilitating . I saw my GP and she prescribed antibiotics as she felt there was an infection perhaps in the sinus cavities.
The pain subsided slightly but never cleared completely. Then about 2 weeks ago it returned with a vengeance. I am unable to get a full nights sleep,I was using over the counter pain relief but it never took the pain away, just took the edge of it. So I stopped using Ibuprofen as it can cause the symptoms its treating. There is tenderness in the bone behind my ear still touchable but almost in an unbearable way, the headaches radiates (I feel) from there to my right temple and in a spray like effect over my head but with a pumping motion, like my pulse is causing the pain in a way.
I have also started hearing my pulse in my right ear too. This is annoying and very disconcerting more than painful. But the headaches and 'bone' pain is extremely painful and debilitating.
I have done a little research (often a dangerous thing) and a lot of sites will give a pending heart condition or the possibility of cardiac disease or stroke.
What is it?

Thank you for replying I am desperate.

Hi:
I'm sorry about your pain. It sounds like the original infection was never completely cleared up. Did you take all of the medication. If you did, it's still possible that you needed a different antibiotic. I would go back to the doctor with your continuing symptoms. Are you seeing an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor? I don't think you should start worrying about bigger things. I believe that your current symptoms are related. Start again with a new antibiotic. Everyone is different and doctors typically have to determine which antibiotic is best for the particular problem. Start there. I believe you will get answers soon. Don't let your condition continue with over the counter remedies. It will only continue to get worse. I hope you will be feeling better soon. Let us know.

I HAVE SEVERE PAINS BEHIND MY RIGHT EAR. IT COMES IN SPASM