What can cause fluttering or spasms in upper abdominal area? These are continuous and last for weeks at a time

i have a similar issue. i feel a continual flutter in my upper abdomen. it feels like a flutter, or like a hiccup, but deeper. i can't tell if it's my abs, or my back, or something in between, but something in there is contracting pretty steadily! i don't have children, but this is what i would imagine a baby kick to feel like? i haven't had relations in 6-7 months though, so i feel like i would show other signs if that were the case? are your symptoms similar to this?

i was hoping to talk to someone here before contacting my doctor, since there really isn't anything wrong. i'll keep you posted on what i find. :)

What did you find out? I have the same symptoms.

I had mild flutters that turned into spasms. Eventually, the spasms became very painful. For many years I had this until I found a physical therapist that does "dry needling." A technique similar to acupuncture. The needle is inserted into a trigger point that is in the muscle. The needle breaks up that trigger point. Sometimes the spot needs to be done more than once. Also, sometimes a back muscle needs to be done too. The problem with the abdomen usually comes from problems that originated in the back. My treatment worked great and I am spasm and pain free! :-)