For the last 3 to 4 days, I have had this weird feeling. It's like a flutter that makes me want to cough. It doesn't feel like it's really in my chest, but rather in my diaprahm. It's worse at night and never happens when I'm standing. It's at it's worse after I eat and when I am lying down in bed. It makes me feel like I need to catch my breath, like a flutter. Does anyone else have symptoms similar?

having the same thing for 8 months now and it won't go away... got an UPPER GI done, did not show anything, going for EKG next to rule out the heart. no reflux or anything, it doesn't hurt, but it is scary and almost constant...fluttering, quivering, whatever you want to call it, right in your solar plex area

Having the same exact symptoms for the last couple months. After tests the doctor ruled out heart palpitations. Upper GI was negative. No one seems to know whats happening. Antiacids don't work. It only happens when im sitting or lying down and made worst after eating. Please let me know if you have a diagnosis.

Did somebody identify what this may be? Any diagnosis?
Would be great if somebody could provide an update. Tough to explain this to a doctor.

I have been experiencing the same fluttering feeling in my stomach area for several months now. It comes on and off, I can feel it most when sitting or lying down. There is no pain associated with it. Our family doctor said it was most likely mild acid reflux and gave me a prescription. Prilosec for acid reflux, subdues it.

at last I do not feel alone - i thought i was going mad - i have had these same symptoms for about two or three weeks now. Had blood tests etc., and everything seems OK. Had an x-ray on my chest as was getting over Pleurisy at the time - nothing showed up. I am wondering if it is anxiey or something, but it doesn't happen constantly but a lot of times during one day. Its wierd, but at least I know I am not the only one now. If anyone comes up with a way to manage it please let me know. I am trying Manuka honey and cinnamon at the moment - will let you knw how I get on.

I have had this same feeling, almost like the stomach goes into a spasm 1/2 hour after I eat. No nausea or pain, just the feeling like I have things moving around in my stomach. It is a very weird feeling. I am taking Prilosec, but it still goes on. I hope someone finds a solution.

Did anyone find any answers to what this might be? Mine seems to be either stress related or weight gain, which is also stress related.

I had this occur years ago when taking rx Prilosec. Had more stomach probs recently, thanks economy, and started taking generic Prilosec 40mg rx. Flutters returned. Stop taking Priolsec or omeprazole and see if they go away.

I don't know what it is but one remedy is to use an extra pillow or two when lying down on the back so as to keep the head above the level of the heart (and stomach). Gravity will have a beneficial effect, I think.

going on 2 years. at night after lying down. I also had indigestion & reflux bad at night. after 6 months of that they removed my gall bladder. that seemed to help for a while. I had no stones or pain, they just did a test that showed my gall bladder wasn't functioning properly. very little reflux or indigestion any more but the fluttering returned worse than ever. Seems to happen more if I eat later at night. had all the other tests done also.

Consider that you might be pregnant. This is a symptom.

I have been having the same fluttering you guys have mentioned.. followed by major heart burn while I'm laying down. I thought it was a muscle spasm the other day and I repositioned myself and it continued ... and now that I have read some of your posts it makes sense to me that it very well could be caused by stress and weight gain... they are all connected in my case. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant and even if I was it would be too early for fluttering... I'll post again at the end of the week to tell you all what my doctor says, scheduled to see him at the end of this week...

until then
see-yas :-D

I have also had the same symptoms. Fluttering in the upper abdominal area. It doesn't happen after eating, but just goes on all day intermitly. Like a feeling of fear. Sometimes I will take a valium pill to try and stop it. And, for sure, a couple of pillows at night to elevate my head helps. It feels like I am air starved. I have been to lung specialist and nothing seems to be wrong and my tests all seem to be okay. I can't understand this. I hope someone can have used something for these very annyoying symptom.

Hiatus hernia could be the culprit?