Hi, I am married to my husband, who I really love and respect. Everything was great, until we moved to his parents’ house. It’s very important to me that I have a free will, and I don’t like when anyone tries to steal it from me. And that is exactly what his father is trying to do. He has a controller type of personality, and I can’t help myself not to confront him. My husband realizes what is going on, and he is on my side, but he doesn’t wants to argue with his father either. I understand that, and I don’t want to put myself between a father and a son. I am not able to play this game any longer, but I don’t want to endanger my marriage either. What should I do?

Well, if I were in your shoes, I would probably feel the same as you. I don’t like when someone is a controller type of person, it annoys me. My mother was one of them. It didn’t bother me that she always had to keep control over me. After all, I was her only child. But she was commanding everyone, even grown people, and everyone avoided her because of that. I remember, as a child, I didn’t want to go with her anywhere, because she kept embracing me. Once she came to my school, and commanded my friends what to do. I will never forget that! So don’t let people like your father-in-law control your life, and ruin your marriage. They are not worth it.