Hi, my very good friend is 34 years old and last week he had great stress as he was robbed in his house. It was very traumatic experience for him as he was caught by thieves and beaten very bad. After that he was transferred to the hospital where is he now and he is getting better. When I went to visit him I found him in his bad sitting and looking in the one spot. While we were talking he told me that he lose his vision during the attack of the thieves. Doctors didn't mention that to me so I was wondering what is going on.

Hi, I think that your friend is suffering from conversion disorder which is psychiatric condition which may appear after some huge stress. People who experienced such stressful distress react in the way that produces involuntary loss of bodily functions like blindness, impossibility to talk e.t.c. In such situation they need therapist who will work with them and try to solve their problem which is place "in their heads" and organically it doesn’t exist. In couple of weeks your friend would be better.

Conversion disorder wears many faces and can be quite a challenge to diagnose as usually your doctor(s) by process of elimination, will need to see what is not causing your symptoms (loss of vision). 

I consider myself as an expert in this subject as I also suffered from Conversion Disorder after surviving eight years of living in an abusive situation. After quite a bit of testing and therapy, my doctor asked me to help him with a teaching video to help doctors understand this condition better, which I did. If your friend is still suffering to any extent, please encourage him to hook up with a good psychologist for further treatments.