Hi, my relative is suffering from bipolar II disorder for some time already. It is very serious disorder which included all members of his family in attempts to help him. Unfortunately this disorder showed very resistant and improvements were very small. I would like to know something more about this disorder and why is it resistant on therapy?

Hi, my sister is also suffering from bipolar II disorder and she also had problems with her therapy. Her doctor prescribed her medications which she used but he didn't tell her several very important things. Because of that her disorder was pretty resistant and when she changed doctor improvements showed up. Her new therapist told her that she had to take medications regularly; he was very supportive and explained her importance of taking medicines in the same time each day. Also he included her family in her therapy so she is feeling much better now. She is exercising, sleeping regularly and avoiding stress as much as possible.