Hi, my best friend's parents have told me that he suffers from antisocial disorder. I don't see that there is anything wrong with him. Sure, he skips classes once in a while, but who doesn't? He doesn't have much friends and I always thought that this is because he is shy. His parents say that antisocial disorder is the reason for this too. I am very worried about him? Is there some way for me to help him with antisocial disorder?

Hi, I am sure that your friend's parents would not make up something as serious as antisocial disorder. My guess is that they told you about it because they think that you can help their son to overcome this disorder. The symptoms you described are consistent with antisocial disorder. I believe that if you talk to your friend's parents they will tell you about some other symptoms of antisocial disorder. Your friend's parents probably talked to you about their problem because they think that you could help. People who suffer from antisocial disorder rarely decide to seek help on their own. You could talk to your friend about his disorder and make him realize that he has a problem. I am positive that you will have a greater influence on your friend than his parents and that you will be able to convince him to seek help from a professional psychologist