My father is diagnosed with psoriasis few months ago. I know all about his symptoms, and how he noticed, there is something wrong with him. He has small red spots on the skin that was annoying, that is why he visited his dermatologist. I realized he has to live with this disorder, so I would like to know more about it. Tell me more about this disorder and is it possible that one friend of mine has the same diagnosis but different symptoms.

Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition, and there are five types, which you might find confusing. Each type of psoriasis is with unique signs and symptoms, that is why not every people have exactly the same symptoms. Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis, and about 80% of people who develop psoriasis have this type. This one appears as patches of raised, reddish skin covered by silvery-white scale. These patches, or plaques, frequently form on the elbows, knees, lower back, and sometimes scalp. However, in this psoriasis type, the plaques can occur anywhere on the body. The other types are guttate psoriasis, marked with small, red spots on the skin. Pustular psoriasis has white pustules surrounded by red skin, etc. There are so many different types so you should not be confused if someone has the same diagnosis and different symptoms. Psoriasis is a chronic, meaning lifelong, condition because there is currently no cure and it requires lifelong therapy, which is sometimes problem with this disorder.