Hi. I'm 17 year old male and I'm very worried for my best friend’s father. These last couple of days my friend was missing from school and I was wondering what happened to him.
Luckily, he was just fine but his father has supposedly developed some kind of serious thyroid disease and it is called Riedel’s Thyroiditis!
He was with his father in hospital and that’s why he wasn’t came in school.
Although I know that there is almost nothing that I can do to help him- I would like to know more about this condition.
Is it really that serious as he told me!?

Hi. I was diagnosed with this condition few years and I'm doing everything I can to tell people as much as I can about this strange and serious disease. Riedel’s Thyroiditis is one inflammatory disease in which the thyroid gland is normal enlarged in most cases, usually symmetrically and extremely hard.
What's bad about this condition- it may remain stable over many years, but also it may progress slowly for years and later produce hypothyroidism which is also very serious condition. No one knows what is causing it! Although there is no specific therapy for Riedel's thyroiditis, Prednisolone has been used for many years now and it has shown very good results!