I have been feeling pretty sick for about 2 1/2 weeks and every morning I wake upand take cough meds and advil. I have this hacking cough and a low grade fever and, been having some night sweats and and bad head ache. Everyone keeps saying that I probably have an upper respitory infection but I don't want to go to the doctor if it will go away after a couple of weeks. Is this a bad idea?

The sweats are indication of an infection. Antibiotics take care of the infection. I did nothing like you and the next thing you have felt rotten for 5 or 6 weeks. See your doctor.

I HACKY COUGH A WHILE AT NITE AND HAVE A SWEATING SPELL. WHAT'S WRONG?

Hi hannahmj,
I have to agree here with everybody, this sounds like upper respiratory infection. And if you ask me this is not something that you just want to leave and treat it at home. You can have many complications later in life, even when your treatment at home was successful. Many can experience breathing problems while they are running or jogging, and even problems with sleeping patterns. My advice would be to go to a doctor so you can get the right medication. Your problem will go away much sooner and you won’t have any adverse reaction later in your life.
It’s been almost three weeks since you started to have this problem. You should’ve been cured by now.