Hello.

9 days ago i had chills and fever. Then i felt a swollen lymph node on the right side. This is normal for me. So i figured i'm fighting something. Fever continued. Then 5 days later, i noticed that my eyelid is swollen and now i have multiple swollen lymph nodes on my neck, on the right hand side.

I went to the doctor. We did the following tests and the results are:

Chest xray - negative. No swollen lymph nodes there.
Blood work - negative. white blood cell count, hemoglobin, etc all normal
neck ultrasound - tyroid normal. Shows multiple swollen lymph nodes.
urine analysis - waiting for results.

I saw a ENT specialist. He checked my nose, throat with a scope. He said the throat is all clear. The lymph nodes do NOT feel like lymphoma. Their shape is oval and they don't 'feel' cancerous. He put me on Biaxin for 2 weeks. I just took my second dose.

I'm really worried because the fever persists and my eye lid is now swollen more.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Lorin

I have just had a similar experience with the swollen eyelids and all around the eye area. I looked like a freak two days ago. I have also been sick with the flu for the last 8 days. The eye thing reminds me of pink eye, with the red color and pus. Strange how the eye problem has happened at the same time as the flu. (upper respiratory flu, with congestion, runny nose, slight fever, aches and pains) It seems to be clearing up on its own after 9 days.

I am having exactally what you are talking about... Blaaa make it stopp

I've had similar side effects recently. Tuesday I was fine, and wednesday I woke up drained and no energy and noticed my eyes looked different, thursday all energy was gone and my eyes a bit worse and my neck started killing me and swollen glands... Friday worsened, and saturday morning my eyes weren't really even open my eyelids were swollen so badly.

Doctor has no idea what it could be. She said some who get really bad sinus infections do this, but I've never done this before. Then she drew my blood to check my red and white cells which are fine. Also did a blood sample for food allergies I'll get back tomorrow.

But I'm on antibiotic,and  pregnazone steroid (sorry for the spelling) for the swelling. It has helped with the swelling in my eyelids and has helped my neck some thankfully. Whatever this is, is just awful.. 

Also at night I'll take benadryl to help with allergies and the swelling if it has to do with anything I've eaten or I'm perhaps around. 

and I believe it's called a lymphnode had for two days went to the doctor they said it was a virus it should go away in ten days it's a ball near my ear then yesterday my eye got swollen I just needed to know if it's serious like cancer or it will go away I don't feel sick or anything answer quickly