For 7 wks now I have had stomach distention to such a degree I appear 6-7 mos pregnant. It is distended most of the time, on occasion it does go to almost but never normal, when this happens I cough for a very long time until I make myself sick. my doctor thinks it is because the swelling is pressin g on my diaphram and when the pressure releases it causes spasms. also I have been getting my period every 2 wks. for 6 mos now. as well as fever at night (although not every 2-3 days out of 7) and then I wake up totally saturated with sweat. So far I have had hormon test (normal) I am 46.
cat scan of abdomin and uterus (normal) . pelvic ultrasound they discover scarring and cyst. (doctor says cysts not large enough to cause.) chest x-ray (normal. Pap smear (normal) although noted I am in high danger catagory.
mamogram (normal). any ideas. I am really beside myself. I wish "House" where here.

you should have your doctor test you for Celiac Sprue.