I am 26 years old and the mother of twin 2 year olds. It started as a gradual pressure in my chest that I thought was anxiety. A day later I woke up heart racing, cold sweats, nauseated, and stomach pains. I went to the doctor and she did a complete boos test. All normal. For the last three weeks I have had this pressure under both breast and upper chest area. The chest is just pressure and under my rib cages it feels like muscles contracting when you do a sit up and hold it. It's hard to take a breath sometimes and I suppose worrying about it makes it worse! I have had this cough that doesn't seem to help anything also. Excess burping and bathroom visits go from one extreme to the next. The burn in my chest and throat feels like I swallowed a Vicks cough drop. It gets worse in the morning and at night. Some foods will set it on fire! The annoying pain also radiates to my upper back. I went to the emergency room for the first time in my life because I was scared it was cardiac related. I had an ablasion done to help with SVT about a year ago so all this was running through my head. They did an EKG, chest xray, sonogram of my kidneys, liver, and gallbladder. Also did the complete blood work. Everything checked out perfectly. I was put on protonix and that doesn't seem to be helping. My doctor also put me on an anti anxiety medicine and after 2 days of that I knew it wasn't anxiety. The worry went away some but the pain was still there. My doctor ordered a HIDA scan and my ejection fraction came back 43%. So apparently it's not my gallbladder? Could it be dying a slow death? My cardiologist cleared me and said it was absolutely not my heart. Had a CT scan 4 days ago and that was all normal as well! It's so frustrating!! I can't keep living like this. I never had any acid reflux issues until 3 weeks ago and I am still not sold on it being that. I feel like something is wrong that is causing this but no test seems to be able to find it. Any ideas y'all??

at first, what you experience sounded just like me before I had stomach ulcer burst. But, that didn't happen over in 3 weeks, I had the symptoms for much longer and thought it was just acid reflux. The thing is, for me, just like for you, things got worse in the morning and at night and even now, years later, I stay away from certain food even if there's no other option. I'd rather be hungry than have this pain happen again. What I'm trying to say is - and sorry if I haven't caught you mention it - but did you have an endoscopy? That will tell the doctors what's going on in your stomach. Also, a breath test for Helicobacter Pylori. That's what can cause all these problems up to the point of the ulcers forming - and it's at least treatable with the course of antibiotics.

Hope things get better for you,

Nicole

You have non cardiac specific chest pai caused by reflux disease. Try some over the counter omeprozole for a week and see if the pain goes away. Since EKG is norm.