So this morning I got out of the shower as I was brushing my teeth I had a random cough and spat out some blood, I thought it was my gums bleeding from brushing too hard, so I proceeded to rinse my mouth out and and spat no blood, so i tried snorting some snot out of my nose thinking that perhaps I had some sort of nose bleed or something, still nothing. So now I proceed to force my self to cough and eureka I found where my blood came from. The blood itself was not extremely bright red nor was it like a coffee colored dark red but it was dark pretty dark. I 21 210lbs not insanely active but active enough walk around for 15 to 30 minutes a day besides my normal schedule active, I am am a smoker . Too give a little back ground i have been having chest pains and such for the last year mostly in my left side down the center of the pectoral. Every now and again I have what I assume is a panic attack shortness of breath and what not extreme fear of whatever. just as well when I sleep at night, I will wake up of and on for the first couple of hours trying to sleep but i will wake up gasping for air. And most days I get pretty intense heartburn like to the extent that I have to stop what Im doing and try to collect myself. Im not sure if these are all related but i figured Id elaborate.

I would like to add that I have been noticing my left forearm its not like in pain but noticeable, BTW this is the same person hat posted it I just didnt sign in before I posted :p im pretty dumb sometimes lol

Hi Pookiebear,

You say you found where your blood came from? Where was it?

In general, the darker the blood the further down the digestive tract that it is. I am very concerned about the rest of your symptoms, chest pains for no reason, the shortness of breath, heartburn, and gasping for air.

Some of this may be sleep apnea, the waking up gasping for air. It can put a strain on your heart.

The chest pain and heartburn could be related to gastric reflux and could account for the blood you saw. It can be evidence of some damage to your esophagus. The left arm pain may/may not be related.

Please see your doctor now and tell him/her of your symptoms. Don't put this off.

I found it when I coughed Im sorry I dont know if I clarified that.

OK, I thought you meant you knew the source of the blood.

How are you breathing now? Any problems? It could have originated in your mucous membranes, especially if it very dry where you're located.

If it continues definitely get it checked. I would still recommend that you see a doctor about your other symptoms.

I am not trying to worry you but,it sounds like you could have a stomach ulcer! I had one too,i went to the doctor because the same things were happening to me,and they said hey,catherine,you have a stomach ulcer! Don't worry the lord is watching over you! If you have an ulcer it would help if you took some tums.thanks!