I have been coughing and spitting up phlegm for over a week now, I have a tightness in my chest which makes breathing difficult, I have seen an ER DR. and my personal physician. I have had several test upper GI, abdominal ultrasound, chest x-ray and blood test nothing was found. I was prescribed antibiotics bactrim, amoxicillin, proton-ix and phenergan for nausea and vomiting. The nausea became worse and I was taken off all medication except the phenergan and proton-ix I currently have no appetite and my chest is tight making my breathing slightly difficult. I have a very productive cough where I'm coughing up lots of phlegm I was thought to have a stomach ulcer but this was negative. gall stones have also been ruled out.

Any Suggestions
Thanks,

Worried :-(

I would definately see another dr. with all the tests something should of showed up. I have almost same problem but have tried self medication. stress does not help.

Hi, did you resolve your issue with coughing and painful breathing?

yeah did the guy die? :'(

I experienced your same exact symptoms, and I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure! I was coughing a lot, and stuff was coming up, tightness in chest, hard to breathe, no appetite. All of these together are symptoms of congestive heart failure. Fluid builds up in your lungs causing lots of phlem producing coughing. It also builds up around your stomached causing a feeling of fullness or bloating. Mine was found when I went to the er. They did a blood work up, EKG. Sent me for a stress test, and then heart catheter.