Please can anyone give me some advice? ive been to my gp about 4 times in the last 10 months with this pain in my right side chest just under my breast, anti inflammitories were prescribed. Still painful since day one. I first noticed this pain with a very bad water infection, not sure if its conected. For the last 2 weeks ive started getting knife cutting pain, a bit like a stinging sensation down the right side of my belly, sometimes distending to my pain in the chest! Now for the last 4 days ive had blood in my stools, its not dark in colour, its bright red! I went to emergency docs and was internally examined and was told everything seemed fine, and that i may be depressed!!! WHAT? Ive been having a higher temp and terrible night sweats for the last 3 nights and started to feel as though im getting another painful water infection! Please someone help as im getting nowhere with my GP. I have another appointment to see him tomorrow morn. Also have been off work for nearly 2 weeks now.

You may have symptoms of duodenal ulcer - pain on right side of abdomen extending to lower right chest, fresh blood in stool. High temperature and night sweats may be related to urinary tract infection. Another possibility is liver cancer. You need to see a gastroenterologist as your condition can be very serious.