Hi, guys. I was diagnosed angina pectoris several months ago. My doctor prescribed me nitrate and beta blocker as a therapy. Willa combo of these medications be effective in treatment of my angina. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance. Your help will mean a lot to me. Bye!

Hello, there. Beside lifestyle corrections, the medications are the most common way of treatment. Three groups of medications are used here. Those are: nitrates, beta blockers and calcium channel blockers. In mild cases, lifestyle changes and nitrates are enough for effective treatment. However, if the case is more serious, then other medications should be included. Your doctor estimated that you would feel better with nitrates and beta blockers. If you don't feel better with this treatment, you should tell that to your doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!